Back in the Present

I went to Lowe's the other day to buy a new microwave. As I was looking at the selections, the associate working in the appliance section informed me that the guy that does installation had quit and had not been replaced. Wonderful! That meant I was going to have to put the darn thing in myself. Oh, but its a two-person job so I had to wait a whole other day for Brent to be home to help. So, last night at 9:00 we started what should have been a quick project. Of course in my life nothing is as easy as it should be. The mounting holes for the new microwave didn't line up with the news ones so we had to drill more holes in the cupboard above the stove. Then, the pilot holes in the wall weren't big enough so we had to take the screws out and drill some more but of course this was AFTER Brent tried to force the screw in. So at that point we needed a ratchet to get the screw out of the stud because the drill was stripping the screw. But of course we had every size of ratchet EXCEPT the one we needed. So Brent, being the ingenious person that he is, jerry-rigged this and that onto the power drill and made it work. The whole thing really should have taken no more than 20 minutes tops but an hour and a half later, we were done. And I am happy to be back in the world of modern "time-saving" devices.

Comments

Stacey Irwin said…
I know it's wrong to laugh, but at least your husband is somewhat handy.( paul is mechanically challenged on anything that requires a tool!) glad you got your microwave back!! Looks great!
Liz said…
I love it! You guys are too funny. I am glad you are in the modern world again.
How funny, stuff never runs smoothly here at the wentzell's either!!! Glad to hear we're not the only ones.

Popular posts from this blog

GiveAway!!

Bogger Messed Up My Give Away