I've Gone Back in Time
I've gone back in time, although I'm not sure how many years, back to the days before microwaves. Of course, this is not by choice. My microwave died!! It was just fine Sunday and Monday morning....nothing! I had to heat milk on the stove to make Damon hot chocolate for breakfast. I had to boil 1/2 cup of water on the stove so I could make my instant oatmeal. I had to cook the kids hotdogs on the stove for lunch. I don't have a problem cooking on the stove, I actually do that quite a lot but come on! A task that 3 days ago took 30-60 seconds now takes 5 minutes. Wasn't it Brigham Young that said in the latter-days we would have many time-saving devices? Pretty sure the microwave was near the top of the list. However, when these time-saving devices don't work correctly, it takes more time than ever to get something done.
I'll be making the trek to Lowes this week to drop a couple hundred bucks on a new one and then I'm sure I'll wait a couple more days for someone to deliver and install it (it has to be an over-the-range unit otherwise I could carry it home and plug it in myself.)
Life is full of surprises. I wonder what will break next....
I'll be making the trek to Lowes this week to drop a couple hundred bucks on a new one and then I'm sure I'll wait a couple more days for someone to deliver and install it (it has to be an over-the-range unit otherwise I could carry it home and plug it in myself.)
Life is full of surprises. I wonder what will break next....
Comments
I was thinking of you as I wrote this post, knowing that you choose not to have a microwave. I don't know how you do it!