This Is The Race 2008

It has become a tradition in our little family to make the trek to Hyde Park each year the Saturday before Pioneer Day to participate in the fun run. This was our third year. Its a great race with lots of good prizes and live music. Brent and the girls run the 1 mile and I do the 5K. Damon doesn't quite have the endurance yet but he always feels so left out. So, after the race began, Grandpa Dave took Damon out a short distance from the finish line so he could run his very own race. He won!! This video clip isn't very long but its hilarious how stiff he holds his body and how straight his arms are. Not sure where he got that.

Next at the finish line came Brent with a time of 9:03. He won 1st place in his age division. However, his request was that I not post his video. So I won't. The expression on his face in the above picture probably tells how he was feeling.

Brittany finished with a time of 12:58. Not sure what happened there. She has run a 9-minute mile before. But she sure looks good. It was a strong finish.


Brooklyn's time was 13:20. Brent went back out to run the last little bit with her. That's why it looks like they're racing each other. You know, that kid would run a lot faster if she would stop talking.


And then there's me. I finished 2nd overall for women. My time was 22:01.

Comments

Stacey Irwin said…
WOW! I think it is great you kept running and doing it as a family! and way to be on the time! 22 min. for 3.1 mi. Not bad! that is a good idea for a tradition!
Anonymous said…
well done! I suck at running so heaven knows what my time would be...probably Did Not Finish!
Liz said…
Wow! This is great. What a nice tradition. You know, there is a marathon here on the Island.... maybe someday. Looking good Suisses!
That's awesome and so much fun...I totally wish I could run...Michael tried to get me started, but I just can't do it! I think it's so neat that you do it as a family!
Tami, I love Brent's expression in the family picture you took. It's priceless. How fun to have this to do as a famiy.

Popular posts from this blog

GiveAway!!

Bogger Messed Up My Give Away