What Do I Love?

I've seen this idea on a few other blogs recently and since I'm not creative enough to come up with anything original, I'll just copy everyone else. I also thought it would be a good way to count my blessings. (Note: This post is really for me. As I've mentioned before, my blog has become my journal. You're welcome to read but you might be bored. Just don't say I didn't warn you.)

Of course I love my family, that goes without saying. But what else? I love my house, the kitchen is my favorite. I love my yard and my deck. I love that my brother helped me build that deck and the time I got to spend with him getting to know him better while we worked on that project. I love spending time with my siblings and that we're all good friends now that we're grown up. I love phone convesations with Grandma Audrey. I love the trips to Park City with only the grown up girls. I love that Brent doesn't care how much money I spend on those trips (or any other shopping trip). I love going out with my husband. I love the people my sister and brothers married. I didn't end up with any weird creepy siblings-in-law. (Is that a word?)

I love fall, when the leaves start to change and that crisp autumn air. I love school shopping for and with the kids and the excitement of that first day of the new school year. I love Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas. I love getting ready for the holidays. Sometimes thats more fun than the day itself. I love holiday baking and candy making.

I love candy. Peanut M&Ms and Junior Mints are favorites. I also like Reeses Peanut Butter Cups. I love fresh homemade bread and even like to make it. I love pasta and air-popped popcorn with the special nacho cheese topping that I can only find in Canada. I love watching my food storage grow and knowing that I am prepared. (And yes, I have a candy supply in my food storage.)

I love the early morning, before anyone else is up and I love it when the kids are in bed at night.

I love and am so grateful for the miracles of modern medicine, especially epidurals.

I love modern-day conveniences and luxuries like cell phones, computers, microwaves, cars, GPS units, mp3 players, etc. (How did we function before all these things?!)

I love springtime, when it finally starts to warm up and the kids are almost out of school for the
summer. I love trips to the library with the kids and watching them get so excited over the books they find to take home.

I love hugs from Damon. They are the best, no one gives better hugs. When Brent tackles me and pins me down, I love how Damon tries so hard to save me. I love listening to Brooky talk. The funniest things come out of her mouth. She also has a great imagination. I love wondering what she'll come up with next. I love how smart Brittany is and how she can reason through a problem to figure out the solution. I love how she is so eager to turn to a book or the internet to learn more about something she finds interesting. I love that I don't have to work, that I get to be home with my kids and experience their milestones with them.

I love a good hard rain storm, especially in the summer. Wish we had more of them.

I love watching the vegetables in my garden grow and the anticipation of soon being able to pick them.

I love the UPS guy. He brings me presents.

I love Wal-Mart (if you don't thats fine, we can still be friends.) I love that another Wal-Mart store is being built oh so close to my neighborhood!

I love the friends I have all over the US and Canada (and in other parts of the world). I treasure those relationships and the life experiences we've shared over the years, both good and bad. I love those of you who have helped me through the hard times. Thanks for being there.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GiveAway!!

Parade

New House