36 Things You May Not Have Known About Me
These are some of the things I think are not commonly known about me. Some of them are weird and some of them are just silly but they're all a part of what make me me.
1. I hate belly buttons; all belly buttons. I think they're gross. I, myself have a perfectly normal belly button, its a normal size and it doesn't poke out, I just don't like it. I HATE it when someone touches my belly button. (Brent does it just to make me mad.) When I'm standing in line waiting to be resurrected, I'm going to request that my immortal form not have one. Who knows, maybe there's someone that would like to have two.
2. I do not eat pork.
3. I have toyed with the idea of becoming a vegetarian. I've actually decided to do the semi-vegetarian things. Chicken and fish are in but no pork (no problems there) and no red meat. Brent made a good point the other day as we were discussing this topic. His point was that I rarely eat red meat anyway.
4. I almost never eat fast food.
5. I don't eat nearly as much candy as I used to.
6. I would much rather have a bag of Hersheys' Kisses than a box of expensive chocolate novelties which, I think, are waxy and gross.
7. Aside from my belly button, I am completely content with my body. I've come to terms with and accepted my imperfections.
8. I am very picky about how my laundry gets done. So picky, in fact, that Brent had to ask me how to work the washer not too long ago.
9. I like to vacuum, its probably my favorite household chore.
10. I hate unloading the dishwasher. I make the kids do it.
11. I quite enjoy public speaking.
12. I hate overly-happy people. I think they're fake.
13. I do believe that happiness is a choice. Just don't over-do it.
14. I worry that I'm not a very good mom. Its probably my greatest fear.
15. I've told Brent that if I die, its okay if he gets married again but he must wait until the kids are grown up. Hey, there is no chance of him finding someone meaner than me and I don't want my kids to realize I was the really mean mom.
16. I like shoes but I refuse to spend a significant amount of money for a pair of casual or dress shoes. Thirty to forty dollars is my limit so its Wal-Mart and Payless for me and I have no problem with that. I just don't see the point in forking over big bucks for a pair that I may not wear very much or that I'll decided I don't like and send to the D.I. However, I will drop $125 for a pair of running shoes and not bat an eyelash.
17. I've always been a little jealous of my sister. She has great fashion-sense and her taste in home-decor is awesome. I think she's prettier than me, too.
18. I don't hold grudges for very long, except for one and maybe two specific things. --- Don't ask, I'm not telling.
19. Sometimes I like my handwriting and sometimes I don't.
20. I always wanted to be left-handed just to be different than the majority. In fact, I've practiced so much that I actually can write legibly with my left hand, although its not extremely neat. My dad was left-handed and Damon appears to be a south-paw as well.
21. I always thought I wanted at least 5 kids. Ha! Then the first one came along.
22. I like to have things my way.
23. I live for the grown-up girls' weekend in Park City every fall.
24. I think I make the best carmel popcorn in the whole world. (Except for Jodie because she gave me the recipe.)
25. I am a morning person. I would rather get up early and work-out than sleep-in.
26. I LOVE cold cereal. Sometimes I eat as many as 4 bowls a day.
27. One time, I missed the turn off to Park City and I didn't realize it until I got to Kemmerer, Wyoming. Grandma Audrey as with me and we still laugh about that.
28. I really don't like some of the people in our ward. I wish some of them would move.
29. I hate to be cold.
30. When I drink pop, I ONLY drink diet and I usually require it to contain caffeine. Diet Mt. Dew is my favorite.
31. I drink more pop now than I ever have before. When I was growing up, I didn't like it.
32. I don't mind mowing the lawn or shoveling snow.
33. I have a hard time staying awake late at night.
34. I usually go to bed between 8:30 and 9:00.
35. I get on the bathroom scale every Wednesday morning and never at any other time.
36. I do not participate in sports that involve a ball. My hand-eye coordination is not the greatest and I am afraid of the ball. And really, lets just be honest, I might break a nail.
Comments
I might have to steal it. . . ;)
I couldn't stop laughing at you wanting to be a lefty. I remember I would always write with my left hand. My husband is a lefty and I love watching him write. I'm fascinated every time I see him write. What a weirdo I am huh? *LOL*