New House

We are building a new house!  This project has been in the works for a long time and we chose to keep it a secret until "Dig Day" because of how frustrating the process has been.  We began this adventure in February 2013 when we found the "lot of our dreams".  This piece of land was perfect.  Perfect location (in Providence), perfect size (0.96 acre), perfect orientation (house will face west).  

The development process was long and difficult.  Providence City is not easy to work with.  Their requirements are extensive and often times ridiculous and unnecessary.  We've jumped through all kinds of hoops to get to where we are.

We are building with Mt. Sterling Custom Homes.  They have a great reputation for designing and building high quality homes.  I had found a house plan that I really liked, had done some tweaking myself, then took it in to Mt. Sterling's designer to have it smoothed out and fix some areas that weren't quite what I wanted.  

Our lot is about 3 1/2 blocks north of our current home.  The kids will stay in the same school, but not only will we change wards, we will be in a different stake!

October 17, 2013
The lot.  The city made us tear down these trees.

March 28, 2014


April 10, 2014
"Dig Day!"  I went to the site 4 times this day!



April 21, 2014
Pouring the footings.


April 30, 2014
Starting the foundation.

Sports Court

May 1, 2014



May 10, 2014


Foundation complete.
 May 19, 2014
Basement floors are poured.
June 3, 2014
Lumber arrives.

June 10, 2014
Basement framing under way.

June 11, 2014
Floor of main level done and exterior walls going up.


June 12. 2014



June 13, 2014
Main level exterior walls are finished.  Second story exterior walls started.

June 15, 2014
June 18, 2014
Starting the roof. 
  









June 19, 2014
View from the back.










June 20, 2014
Trusses are up. Sheeting has started. July 5, 2014
House is wrapped. Shingles are going on.
Fire place in great room.
 
Dining nook on left, family room on right.
Tub in master bathroom. Brent fits!!
July 14, 2014
Shingles are done.
July 17, 2014 
Interior view of front entry. I love this door!
Exterior view of front door.
 
View of great room from corner of catwalk near Damon's room.

July 30, 2014
Hardboard going up.

August 6, 2014
Fire pole goes from basement playroom to sports court.

 View from great room up to second floor by girls' "wing".

Living room.


August 11, 2014
The barn is gone! I told it for scrap on KSL.

August 15, 2014
Filling in the crater. We were glad to see that eyesore go.


 Rear view of hardboard.

August 19, 2014
Front View

Paint!  Love the grey!  Hoping it looks good with the stone.

August 21, 2014
Interior doors and trim sitting in the garage.

Stair railing balusters also sitting in the garage.
August 26, 2014
August 27, 2014
September 1, 2014
Back and south side exterior paint and rock are just about finished.
September 2, 2014
 Stone on the front is under way.
Crown molding.
Patio
September 9, 2014
September 11, 2014

September 16, 2014
Options for the outdoor basketball court, three to choose from. We opted to go half way between the blue and yellow lines. (The yellow is hard to see.)
October 4, 2014
October 5, 2014
Painting is done. Interior color is Passive by Sherwin Williams. The trim is a bright white (not sure on the actual name). All interior doors are black. I love it!
Front entry. I love how this door turned out. It's one of my most favorite parts of the house.
Living room with coffered ceiling.
October 9, 2014
Cabinets delivered.
Views from Great Room to upstairs.
Cabinets in place in master bathroom.
October 15, 2014
 Kitchen island and cabinets in place.
Great Room chandelier, another of my favorites.
Vanity lights in master bathroom.

Comments

Dave Suisse said…
Exciting to see the progress. By the time we get there it won't be new anymore.
Dave Suisse said…
Exciting to see the progress. By the time we get there it won't be new anymore.
Anonymous said…
I just want you to know that I check for pictures and now I am waiting for an update ;) It is stunning!!! And I love that door too!!!
Anonymous said…
I love the hardyboard siding!!! And the grey is awesome! I can't wait to see it all finished! Have you picked out all the interior finishes?
Tami said…
Tanya, yes, all the selections have been made. I'm just waiting for it all to come together so I can move it.
Jackie O'Hearon said…
Love all of your beautiful photos. The house looks amazing !!!
You are going to make lots of great family memories in this home!!

Popular posts from this blog

GiveAway!!

Bogger Messed Up My Give Away