My New Look

I had begun to notice over the past several months or so that when I drive I cannot see the street signs until I am almost in the intersection. When I sit on our bed to watch TV, the menu guide is fuzzy. I thought this stuff was normal until one day when I was sitting on the couch in the living room with Brent. I was trying to read the clock on the stove in the kitchen from where I was sitting. I couldn't see it so I asked Brent to tell me what time it was. He told me and couldn't believe I couldn't see that clock. I started to wonder if something was wrong with my eyes. If Brent could see that far, then why couldn't I? I kind of pushed the issue out of my mind until the past month or so. I started noticing more and more as I would drive that I couldn't read the small signs. (Don't worry. I can still see stop signs and speed limit signs.) Its really frustrating to miss a turn because I can't read the sign far enough in advance. So I finally made an appointment with an eye doctor.

At my appointment I learned that I am near-sighted and I have astigmatism in both eyes. Doc said my conditions are mild and glasses would help sharpen things up, especially at night. I don't have to wear them all time, I don't have to put on my driver's license that I wear them. I can see things better now when I drive. Yesterday after church we watched a movie with the kids on the projector. I was wearing my glasses and taking them off and on during the credits just to compare the difference. What a big difference in a darker setting! The words on the screen went from fuzzy to crystal clear. Talk about high definition!

Anyway, this is what I look like with them. Don't laugh. (I thought it was pretty brave of me to post the pics.)
Brent says I look like a nerd. I kind of think so too. But he assures me that I am his nerd and he still loves me.

Comments

Very cute indeed! I wear them too because I'm nearsighted and it's so nice to actually see. I think it looks very sophisticated and intellectual.
Stacey Irwin said…
I like 'em! It makes you look smart!
( that's the comment I get when I wear mine.. what are they trying to say?)
I really do like them tho'
Anonymous said…
I think your husband is speaking code to you. He really means that you look cute, and smart. He just doesn't want you getting a big head over it, I'm sure that's what it is. :) I think you look really cute with them.

Popular posts from this blog

GiveAway!!

Parade

New House