Run Damon, Run!

Brent is in the Windrivers this week on the annual backpacking trip. Because he's not home, its put a bit of a damper on my early-morning workouts. But don't worry, I found a way around it. (Yes, I know I am a bit obsessive. Cannot miss a day!) Monday morning, my wonderful visiting teacher came over so I could go out and run. I actually had wanted to hire her teenage daughter to babysit but she offered instead. The kids had a sleepover at my mom's Monday night so that gave me the freedom to get in my yardage at the pool Tuesday morning. Wednesday mornings are for speed work (at least until the big race next week.) I go to the track at Logan High and its all about speed and sprints. Brooky usually goes with me and Damon always wonders why I won't take him. Well, with Brent gone, I figured I'd take the kids with me. Damon was so excited. So at 5:30 this morning, we were up and going. (Brittany chose to stay home and sleep.) The kids had a blast running around the track and up and down the bleachers and I got my work-out done so everyone was happy.

At one point, Damon decided he and I were going to race. I had just finished a sprint and was walking an easy lap. Damon said "Ready, set, go!" and he took off. I kept walking. He made it about 150 meters and then turned around to say, "I'm beating you." I just kept walking and he started running again. He went another 150 meters and then stopped and announced he'd won. I was really impressed. Three hundred meters is a long way for those short little legs. It was so cute, I wish I'd had my camera.

Comments

Liz said…
Just think, one day he is going to race you for real and win! Glad to hear that you are getting a work out with Brent gone.
Stacey Irwin said…
5:30? seriously? wow! and the fact that you takes kids with you.. that is just awesome! That Damon sounds like a cute and fun kid!

Popular posts from this blog

GiveAway!!

Parade

New House