What Does YOUR Husband Do In Sacrament Meeting? Part 2

Last month our ward organist had knee surgery. Unfortunately for me, I am the only other person in the ward that knows how to the play the organ. (I am grateful for my talents but sometimes I wish no one knew about this one. One day Brent tried to help me come up with an excuse so I didn't have to do it anymore. He offered to cut off one of my fingers. Tempting as it was, I declined.) So I have been stuck with this job for the past several weeks (and who knows for how many more) in addition to my calling as a Relief Society instructor (I love teaching RS!) I spend my sacrament meetings sitting on the stand next to the organ and that leaves my "4" children without adult supervision.

When we got home from church yesterday, Brent said, "Wanna see what I did in Sacrament Meeting?" (Almost like a Sunbeam saying, "Mommy, guess what I did in Primary!) Contrary to the artist's depiction, Damon is not a nose-picker!

In Brent's defense, I don't blame him for not paying attention to the speakers. One was this just-barely returned missionary that was so dang over-dramatic! As he spoke he kept changing his voice to a whisper, trying to acheive the oh-so-spiritual effect. He was trying too hard and it just wasn't working for him. I was sitting behind him and I wanted to throw my hymn book at him. (Yeah, I realize I'm probably going to hell now.) The other speaker was a high-councilman. His talk wasn't too bad, much better than the RM but still...it was high-council week.

Comments

Stacey Irwin said…
those drawing are pretty good actually.
I'm glad I'm not the only one who wants to throw hymn books at people~ ha!

Popular posts from this blog

GiveAway!!

Parade

New House