Brooklyn

We celebrated Brooklyn's 7th birthday on September 2 (Tuesday) so I figured this would be a good time to post her spotlight as well as her birthday pictures.
.
Since Monday was a holiday, we took that opportunity to go out to lunch for Brooky's birthday even though it was a day early. She chose to go to a Chinese buffet. (What is it with my kids and buffets?). After lunch we headed to Wal-Mart so Brooky could spend her $50. She bought a stuffed panda, which she named Oreo Jr. after the school mascot. She also bought an art set, and some things for her toy kitchen. She had money to spare but couldn't decided on anything else so she's got some extra cash for the future.

Brooklyn has had a strange fixation on pigs for nearly 3 years now. It started shortly after we moved to Providence. I thought it was just a silly phase and figured she'd outgrow it soon enough. Well, here we are and she still loves pigs. She asked for a "pig" cake for her birthday; she had a pig cake last year too. We had family over for cake and ice cream.

She also wanted a desk and chair for her room like Brittany so thats what she got from Brent and me.

About Brooklyn:
Full Name: Brooklyn
Suisse
Nicknames: Boogs (can't remember where this one came from but she's had it forever.), Little Pig
Favorites: Color: Orange and Red. Food: Macaroni Tomato Soup. Drink: Orange Juice. Candy: Junior Mints (she takes after her mom). Game: Playing "Restaurant". Book: "Dragon's Fat Cat". Thing to do: Play with Oreo Jr. Holiday: Christmas. Movie: "Chronicles of Narnia". TV Show: "Scooby Doo". Restaurant: Golden Corral. Animal: Pigs and Pandas.
.
Brooklyn joined our family 10 days earlier than expected (yea!). (See Chapter 2 of "The Last 10 Years".) We were excited to have her and were absolutely amazed at the full head of black hair that she had. So many people commented on that hair when I took her out in public. Lots of people said she looked like a little Eskimo baby.

In the beginning, Brooky was a really good baby. She began sleeping through the night at 2 months and at 3 months she stopped and didn't sleep an entire night until she was 11 months old. (I am not kidding.) It wouldn't have been so bad if she'd only gotten up once per night but it was 3, 4, and sometimes even 5 or 6 times during the night. It was awful. She is a great sleeper now, she can sleep through almost anything and I often find her in the strangest positions. Her little body is very flexible.

Brooky had the craziest hair when she was little. Along with the really dark color, she had the biggest cowlick and there was no way to tame it. We finally just got rid of the bangs and that made a big difference. I find, even now, that her hair seems to have a mind of it's own. We had never cut Brooklyn's hair until this past spring. It was down to her waist and it made me sad to see it all chopped off. However, it is much more manageable now.
.
Brooklyn is a sweetheart. She is a happy little girl and is very easy-going (she gets that from her dad.) She gets along with most everyone and makes friends very easily and she loves to talk. Brooklyn is the slowest eater in the whole world. I have to keep an eye on the clock while she eats breakfast and constantly remind her to hurry so she doesn't miss the bus.

Brooklyn says the funniest things. I'm just not sure where they come from. One morning, about a year ago, the girls were getting ready for school and Brooky was running late (typical). She went into my bathroom and was in there for a long time. When she came out I asked her what had taken so long. She said, "The manure just kept coming so I had to keep wiping." (She may be embarrassed when she finds out I posted this little story so I may have to delete it later.)

When Brooky began kindergarten she was so excited to learn to read. During dinner after the first day of school I told the girls that we needed to get on a reading schedule each night. Brooklyn slapped her forehead and said, “Oh Mommy! I didn’t learn to read today!”

Brooklyn, I love your personality and your tender-heart. You are so funny and you make me laugh. You are a beautiful little girl and I love how kind and thoughtful you are to others.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Happy Birthday! I just remember a cute little dark haired toddler. She`s so big now!
Stacey Irwin said…
What a keeper. I am soo laughing at the "manure" story! I don't think I have ever heard anybody call it that. Freak'n hilarious! She is beautiful. Hope she had a great Birthday!
Liz said…
I really enjoyed this excerpt of Brooky's life. I must say that I am glad you included the "manure" story. It was a hoot. Laughed out loud, I did. I love Brooky. Erin misses her. Happy belated birthday Brooky.

Popular posts from this blog

GiveAway!!

Bogger Messed Up My Give Away