Kickball

Providence city offers a kickball leauge for 3- and 4-year old kids at the end of each summer. Damon is pariticipating this year and is having so much fun. For the past couple of years he has sat on the sidelines watching his sisters play soccer and softball and he was so excited when it was finally his turn to play.

The games are so much fun to watch. They play 2 or 3 innings, depending on how quickly the innings go and the games only last 30 minutes. The inning ends after each player from each team has had a chance to kick and run. Each coach pitches to his/her own team an there are no outs. There are also no practices (yea!!), its just show-up and play.

I've been impressed with Damon. I've watched as the other kids on his team get bored after about 10 minutes and start playing in the dirt or decide to go sit by their parents. Damon stays in the game and runs after the ball each time it is kicked. He even managed to tag a few kids at the last game, even though the outs didn't count.


I've done my best to take pictures and videos but I have to be sneaky. When Damon notices that I'm trying to get footage, he gives me a "thumbs-down" and tells me to go sit by Brent. Sometimes when he hears me cheering for him he turns around a gives me a dirty look. I didn't think kids got embarassed by their parents until they were far beyond the preschool age.

Comments

Stacey Irwin said…
Okay that is just cute. I wish they did that here! Kick ball. I think I will suggest it here.
so your boy is embarrased by you huh? Is he Brents buddy? I think this is too funny, your in big trouble as he gets older!
My boys ask me all the time if I wish I were as cool as daddy? ? ? So apperantly I'm not as cool as I thought...
Liz said…
That's fantastic that he did so well. Too funny that he is embarrassed by your affection already. You're awesome.

Popular posts from this blog

GiveAway!!

Bogger Messed Up My Give Away