Amazing!!!
You know how the experts say that kids often listen even when you don't think they are listening? Well, I've always figured this must apply to eveyone's children except mine. Until today. I'm doing a little redecorating in my living room and Damon was sitting on the couch watching me as I was pounding nails into the wall. He said, "If you can't say anything nice, then don't say anything at all. Right, Mommy?" I agreed and then searched my memory for the last time I used that phrase and couldn't recall quoting it recently. I asked Damon where he learned that. He said, "While we were watching Conference." I was astonished! My four-year old, while playing with a train set, was actually listening to our General Authorities. I remember that phrase in one of the talks, I think it was President Eyring? (can't remember for sure.) in the Sunday afternoon session.
Comments