I got in trouble for...
...DECORATING my house! Yup. I did. I broke the only rule Brent has ever made where I'm concerned and he was not pleased. I knew he wouldn't be happy, so his displeasure was not a surpirse to me. Maybe I should back up and share the details.
Brent likes Christmas but hates most of what comes with the season. He hates the music, the decorations, the baking and candy making, the hustle and bustle, etc. From the first year we were married he told me the tree absolutely could not go up until the day AFTER Thanksgiving. I've always abided by and even appreciated that rule....until this year. Last year it took me the better part of three days to decorate my house. It was such a big job and stressful, too. I like to get the Chirstmas stuff out early enough to really enjoy it but I hate spending Thanksgiving weekend in a mess of ornaments and decorations; I wanted to be able to kick back and relax but not have the full weight of the decorating task staring me down come Monday morning. So, this year I decided I'd start the day before Thanksgiving. The kids and I spent the entire day decorating the ledges in the kitchen and setting up our Christmas village. It doesn't look like it should take that long, but it certainly did. I had to drag the ladder around the kitchen so I could reach the ledges. Each piece to the village is individually wrapped and thus, must be individually unwrapped. Then we had to decide where each building would go, then there was the matter of untangling the cords and checking the lights to be sure they weren't burned out. After that, a light bulb had to be inserted into each house or store and then the cords had to be hidden under our blankets of "snow". Finally, we had to make sure there wasn't anything in the way when the train rolls through, otherwise it snags and derails itself. I was exhausted by the end of the day.

Anyway, when Brent got home he was unhappy with my efforts and I got a lecture on breaking the cardinal rule. The kids thought it was so dang funny that Mommy was in trouble. I think I have since been forgiven. And I do have a redeeming quality; as far Christmas decor goes, the stuff at my house comes down the day after Christmas. (And it only takes a couple of hours, not days, to put everything away.) I love the holiday, but when its over, it is OVER!! With the exception of last year, (because we hosted a New Year's Eve party) my stuff never sees the new year.
So come Monday, I have only half of the job waiting for me. I think the second half will go much faster than the first half. I'll post pictures of the finished look when I get to that point.
Brent likes Christmas but hates most of what comes with the season. He hates the music, the decorations, the baking and candy making, the hustle and bustle, etc. From the first year we were married he told me the tree absolutely could not go up until the day AFTER Thanksgiving. I've always abided by and even appreciated that rule....until this year. Last year it took me the better part of three days to decorate my house. It was such a big job and stressful, too. I like to get the Chirstmas stuff out early enough to really enjoy it but I hate spending Thanksgiving weekend in a mess of ornaments and decorations; I wanted to be able to kick back and relax but not have the full weight of the decorating task staring me down come Monday morning. So, this year I decided I'd start the day before Thanksgiving. The kids and I spent the entire day decorating the ledges in the kitchen and setting up our Christmas village. It doesn't look like it should take that long, but it certainly did. I had to drag the ladder around the kitchen so I could reach the ledges. Each piece to the village is individually wrapped and thus, must be individually unwrapped. Then we had to decide where each building would go, then there was the matter of untangling the cords and checking the lights to be sure they weren't burned out. After that, a light bulb had to be inserted into each house or store and then the cords had to be hidden under our blankets of "snow". Finally, we had to make sure there wasn't anything in the way when the train rolls through, otherwise it snags and derails itself. I was exhausted by the end of the day.
Anyway, when Brent got home he was unhappy with my efforts and I got a lecture on breaking the cardinal rule. The kids thought it was so dang funny that Mommy was in trouble. I think I have since been forgiven. And I do have a redeeming quality; as far Christmas decor goes, the stuff at my house comes down the day after Christmas. (And it only takes a couple of hours, not days, to put everything away.) I love the holiday, but when its over, it is OVER!! With the exception of last year, (because we hosted a New Year's Eve party) my stuff never sees the new year.
So come Monday, I have only half of the job waiting for me. I think the second half will go much faster than the first half. I'll post pictures of the finished look when I get to that point.
Comments
We aren't starting til after Paul is done with Finals... SO he can haul all the crap up and be do all the high stuff.
If it took me that long to decorate I would start early too!!!