The Muscle Car

I seem to be posting a lot about cars lately; especially car accidents. Yesterday, as Brent was driving through Sardine Canyon to go to work in Ogden, he ran off the road. We'd received some snow and rain the roads were very slushy. He was driving under the speed limit in the left lane and hit a small patch of slush. Unfortunately he did not have his snow tires on, otherwise he probably would have been fine. He began sliding into the right lane and hit a larger patch of slush. The car began to turn sideways and he went right off the road and hit a mile marker post. The driver's side window was broken and one tire was pulled off the rim. Thankfully, Brent wasn't hurt, other than some cuts on his hand as he changed the tire.

While he was changing the tire a state trooper stopped and informed Brent that just one hour earlier there had been a collision and a woman was killed in that exact spot. Luckily, at the time of Brent's accident, he was the only one on the road. After he called to tell me what had happened, I recalled my personal prayer from either that morning or the night before (can't remember which). I always pray that Brent will travel safely but in addition to that, I was prompted to pray that the conditions would be safe during his commute. When I sit and ponder what could have happened....what if he'd slid into oncoming traffic? What if he'd been in the process of passing a semi when he hit the slush and slid into the other lane? What if he'd hit something larger like a telephone pole instead of a mile marker? I have no doubt that the Lord was watching over Brent yesterday; the results could have been much more tragic.

Brent took his car to the dealership in Ogden and was told it would be there for at least a week. The driver's door needs to be replaced, the tire rim needs to be replaced and the back door on the driver's side has to be repainted. This puts us in a bit of pickle as far as vehicles go, Brent can't take my car to work because I have to run Damon back and forth to speech or preschool everyday. One of Brent's assistants graciously offered to lend Brent her car until Sunday. Thanks Katrina. We really appreciate that.

Yesterday was an emotional day for us; the car wreck in addition to some other happenings, which I'll write about in a later post, kind of put me over the edge.

Comments

I am so glad he's okay. Sardine is a nasty canyon. We can never pray for too much protection.
Anonymous said…
I always hate driving through the canyons in Utah...maybe it's my fear of heights but they just freak me out! So glad that everything was okay though and hopefully he gets his car back soon!
I'm sooo glad he's OK. My mom once told me when I wrote of her bran new 1 1/2 month old car. I can replace the car I can' replace you!!! Glad he's OK
Stacey Irwin said…
I so hate Sardine in the winter!!! I'm glad he is okay and the damage is minimum. And he was looked after. Thank god for the ability to pray for protection.And yay for faith and worry of a wife. This definetly could have been much worse.Although I understand the frustration of lack of vehicle the fixing of vehicles and all the other pains that come with it.

I hope you are doing okay, I understand being put over the edge. If you need to talk or vent. You have my number.
I hope you get your car back quickly! But I am really glad Brent's okay!
Michelle H. said…
We are so happy that Brent is ok and cannot wait to see you guys. Your Halloween costumes were so cute. You are a very talented seamstress!

Popular posts from this blog

GiveAway!!

Bogger Messed Up My Give Away