Christmas Survey
I got this as an email a couple of weeks ago and thought I'd post here.
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?
Wrapping paper. I love to wrap!
2. Real tree or Artificial?
Artificial, with lights already on it.
3. When do you put up the tree?
Usually Thanksgiving weekend but this year I cheated and put 4 (we have a total of 8) of the trees up the day before Thanksgiving.
4. When do you take the tree down?
December 26.
5. Do you like eggnog?
Oh, gross!!
6. Favorite gift received as a child?
Can't remember a favorite, but one year I did get a Heart-to-Heart bear. I was pretty excited about that.
7. Hardest person to buy for?
My mom and my husband.
8. Easiest person to buy for?
The kids.
9. Do you have a nativity?
Yes.
10. Mail or email Christmas cards?
Mail! Its more fun.
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received?
The SpongeBob pjs Brent gave me one year. They were size 3XL. If I didn't know my husband as well as I do, and realized that he didn't bother to check the tag for the size, I would have been deeply offended.
12. Favorite Christmas Movie?
Miracle on 34th Street (the new one), Home Alone, Charlie Brown's Christmas.
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas?
Usually not until after Thanksgiving but this year I was nearly finished by then.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?
Probably, but I can't recall a specific one at the moment.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?
My homemade fudge and English toffee, cookies, mint M&Ms, mint hot chocolate, etc.
16. Lights on Christmas tree?
Yes, white. Although the kids' trees have colored lights.
17. Favorite Christmas song?
O Come All Ye Faithful, O Holy Night
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home?
Undecided. My preference on this one seems to be changing.
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer?
Sure can!
20. Favorite Christmas memory?
There are so many. The first one that comes to mind is the year Pound Puppies were so popular. (Eddie, my apologies to you for sharing this.) Eddie was probably 5 years old and wanted a Pound Puppy so bad. Christmas morning came and Andy got one but Eddie didn't. (Santa had known that there was a Pound Puppy waiting at Grandma Audrey's for Eddie.) Eddie was so upset, he tried to trade Andy everything he got that day for his puppy.
21. Open the presents Christmas eve or morning?
At our house, everyone gets to open new pajamas on Christmas eve. Everything else waits for Christmas morning.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year?
The crowds are annoying, but what bothers me most is after Christmas when people leave their out-door decorations up until February or March. It drives me NUTS!! If I were the law, I'd hand out citations for that.
23. Favorite ornament theme or color?
Red and gold. I bought red and gold ornaments the first year Brent and I were married and thats what I still use. I love the new stuff with the crazy colors that have come out in recent years, but I just can't bring myself to switch.
24. Favorite thing for Christmas dinner?
Personally, I think Christmas dinner is dumb. Isn't that what all the treats and goodies are for? So we can just snack all day and not have to cook?
25. What do you want for Christmas this year
Nothing really, but if I don't come up with something, Brent will just go out buy a bunch of stuff for me that I'll end up returning.
I tag Julie B., Julie A., Mallory, Michelle H., Stacey, and anyone else that wants to do this.
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?
Wrapping paper. I love to wrap!
2. Real tree or Artificial?
Artificial, with lights already on it.
3. When do you put up the tree?
Usually Thanksgiving weekend but this year I cheated and put 4 (we have a total of 8) of the trees up the day before Thanksgiving.
4. When do you take the tree down?
December 26.
5. Do you like eggnog?
Oh, gross!!
6. Favorite gift received as a child?
Can't remember a favorite, but one year I did get a Heart-to-Heart bear. I was pretty excited about that.
7. Hardest person to buy for?
My mom and my husband.
8. Easiest person to buy for?
The kids.
9. Do you have a nativity?
Yes.
10. Mail or email Christmas cards?
Mail! Its more fun.
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received?
The SpongeBob pjs Brent gave me one year. They were size 3XL. If I didn't know my husband as well as I do, and realized that he didn't bother to check the tag for the size, I would have been deeply offended.
12. Favorite Christmas Movie?
Miracle on 34th Street (the new one), Home Alone, Charlie Brown's Christmas.
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas?
Usually not until after Thanksgiving but this year I was nearly finished by then.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?
Probably, but I can't recall a specific one at the moment.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?
My homemade fudge and English toffee, cookies, mint M&Ms, mint hot chocolate, etc.
16. Lights on Christmas tree?
Yes, white. Although the kids' trees have colored lights.
17. Favorite Christmas song?
O Come All Ye Faithful, O Holy Night
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home?
Undecided. My preference on this one seems to be changing.
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer?
Sure can!
20. Favorite Christmas memory?
There are so many. The first one that comes to mind is the year Pound Puppies were so popular. (Eddie, my apologies to you for sharing this.) Eddie was probably 5 years old and wanted a Pound Puppy so bad. Christmas morning came and Andy got one but Eddie didn't. (Santa had known that there was a Pound Puppy waiting at Grandma Audrey's for Eddie.) Eddie was so upset, he tried to trade Andy everything he got that day for his puppy.
21. Open the presents Christmas eve or morning?
At our house, everyone gets to open new pajamas on Christmas eve. Everything else waits for Christmas morning.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year?
The crowds are annoying, but what bothers me most is after Christmas when people leave their out-door decorations up until February or March. It drives me NUTS!! If I were the law, I'd hand out citations for that.
23. Favorite ornament theme or color?
Red and gold. I bought red and gold ornaments the first year Brent and I were married and thats what I still use. I love the new stuff with the crazy colors that have come out in recent years, but I just can't bring myself to switch.
24. Favorite thing for Christmas dinner?
Personally, I think Christmas dinner is dumb. Isn't that what all the treats and goodies are for? So we can just snack all day and not have to cook?
25. What do you want for Christmas this year
Nothing really, but if I don't come up with something, Brent will just go out buy a bunch of stuff for me that I'll end up returning.
I tag Julie B., Julie A., Mallory, Michelle H., Stacey, and anyone else that wants to do this.
Comments
I can't beliece you have 8 trees! are they the smaller trees like in your picture or are we talken a big christmas tree!
I just did this one just a few days ago! too fun.