"I'm better than you."

Last night we spent the evening at Brent's parent's house. After dinner I sat down to play the piano. Almost immediately my four-year old niece, Kenlie (Brent's sister's daughter), came up beside me and asked, "What are you doing?" I answered, "I'm playing the piano." This is the rest of our conversation (as you read the following, imagine a four-year old with as much attitude as you possibly can):

Kenlie: "How long are you gonna take?"

Me: "A few minutes. Why, do you need something?"

Kenlie: "Yes, I wanna play a song."

Me: "Okay. I'll be done in a minute."

Kenlie: "I can play prettier than you."

And with that, she marched out of the room.

Comments

LOL - oh the direct comments from kids - you gotta love 'em.
maelsson said…
And did you stick your tongue out at her behind her back as she flounced away? I am imagining that was how she walked away. I would've kept playing for awhile afterwards! I am that stubborn!
Christy Jones said…
Too funny!! I would have probably been a little bit snippy about it and refused to let her win the fight. I like to have the last word!
Julie and Nate said…
OH, my lovely little one. What we are going to do with her when she hits her teenage years? No, I won't think about that now. I told her yesterday that if she weren't so cute we would ship her to China. I've considered it on occasion.
Anonymous said…
haha too funny! Kids really do say the funniest things...that's what I love about being in nursery
Princess Lisa said…
That's hilarious! I have a niece JUST LIKE THAT! She is a diva and adorable. She was born in Snowflake Arizona and she asked me why it was called Snowflake when it doesn't snow there...
I explained to her that Brother SNOW and Brother FLAKE settled the town and they named it Snowflake. She responded with...

"But it doesn't even snow there. If I was smarter than them, WHICH I AM, I would have chosen a better name."

She was 4. We've always been in trouble with her.

Good luck Julie! :)
Stacey Irwin said…
lOL!! That is just awesome.. if it was me.. I would a done an " oh yeah"..... and did some super fast super awesome song. And then finish up with a "beat that!"
or I would have just made a face at her and let her have the piano.. and conclude she indeed can play garble better then me! Ha ha ha.. what a little stink!
TOO FUNNY!
Have you finally met your match?

Popular posts from this blog

GiveAway!!

Parade

New House