Ready and Waiting

Well, I'm ready for Christmas. Yup. ALL ready. My house is decorated, the Christmas letters have been mailed, my shopping is done, and the presents are wrapped so now I'm just waiting. This was my goal for this year; to be ready early instead of racing against the clock to get everything done in time at the last minute. I plan to spend the next two weeks listening to Christmas music (while Brent's not home, of course), reading Christmas stories with the kids and making Christmas candy and other yummy holiday eats and just trying to enjoy the season. Hopefully we'll be able to really get back to the basics and remember why and help the kids to better understand why we celebrate.

I took a bunch of pictures of the house, which I've posted below, so if you're not interested, now would be a good time to jump to someone else's blog. (WARNING: There are a lot of pics.) We currently have 8 trees, although some of them are small and this includes the trees the kids have in their rooms. I'm planning to add another 6 or 7-foot tree next year.

This is the village in the living room and in the distance is my snowman tree.


A close up of the Snowman tree. I always thought it would be fun to have a tree with only one type of ornament on it (plus the balls) so when we bought our house three years ago, my Snowman tree was born.


A close up of some of the village buildings.


Note my favorite store...


One of the kitchen/dining ledges (they're all the same.)


My little wire tree. I got this at Tai Pan a few years ago. It didn't come with ornaments so I added them. I love this little tree.


Advent calendar. This is one of the kid's favorite Chritmas decorations. They take turns putting an ornament on the tree each day.


The banister.


The shelves above the stairs.


The stockings were hung...(too bad I don't have a chimney)


The "present" tree. This is the tree that gets all the gifts under it and the one we sit around Christmas morning to see what Santa brought.


Here are a couple other miscellaneous pics.




This shelf is in the main bathroom upstairs.


And last, but not least, the kids' trees. They did the decorating themselves. Damon's tree has fallen over (accidently or with help, I'm not sure) at least twice.




Comments

Anonymous said…
Hello,
I don't know if you remember me or not. I went to High School with you. It's amazing to me the people you can find through these blogs. It's fun for me to contact people and see what they are doing with their life. I found yourblog through Jessie Cholico's blog. I've worked a little bit with your sister in law, Mallory at the Budge Clinic.
Are you still living in Cache Valley? From what I can tell from your pictures you have 4 kids. Is that right? How old are they? Your kids look just like you, they are so cute. It's also fun to see everyone's children and see how much they look like their parent.
Hope it's not to weird that I contacted you. People have contacted me that I haven't seen for over 10 years and I love it.
Anonymous said…
By the way, I love the trees. And the little Villages are way fun. I'm amazed that your children leave the them alone. Are they hands off?
Anonymous said…
Wow it all looks amazing! I hope to someday build up my Christmas decorations...maybe when the kids are a bit older. I'm having a hard time keeping our one tree decorated!!
Princess Lisa said…
I can't believe you're done already!!! I haven't even begun Christmas shopping. I'm usually much better at it! But this year I am really behind!

I loved your decorations. I think the more Christmas trees, the better!

Great job Tami! I am very jealous!!!
Christy Jones said…
Enough already, I can't believe you are done!! We have our decorations up but I am no where near done with my shopping and making of gifts! We bought a new tree this year to replace our old tree that we used for 6 years. I do love having a fireplace for our stalkings. Once I can get our house clean I will take some pictures of our christmas set up.
Stacey Irwin said…
Your decorations are beautiful. I can't believe you are done already! And I can't believe you have so many trees! They are all so fun. ( Damon's reminds me a bit of Charlie Browns Christmas tree. that might be a good one for his room!) I haven't started wrapping and need to finish up the rest of shopping...But usually I'm freak wrapping on christmas eve.. so this is pretty good for me! LOL! way to go. I hope you do enjoy this christmas season!
Stacey Irwin said…
Oh I have to tell you about a lady's house we went to when we lived in Ogden.. She had OVER 36 christmas trees in her house .Each there own theme. ( coke tree, ornaments that were battery operated. mickey mouse tree .etc. etc.) She even had a disney room with goofy's upside down christmas tree( yes she hung it on the ceiling.) It was all so cool to see and so fun.. but I could never do it. when you said how many trees you have I thought of her.( not that your that extream.) You would get a kick out of that chicks house!( I did.) If We ever get back there I'm going to hunt her down and then drag you along .. you just have to see it!
Maggie Jane said…
So, so cute, Tami! Your house is so festive...I love it!
Liz said…
I love, love, LOVE your decorations. Makes me feel all warm and cozy. How you like trees is how I like Nativity sets. I wish I could be there to see it in person. Miss you so much.
Anonymous said…
Friend you go all out! I feel that one tree is a lot of work. Colin's mom does multiple trees and I am always in awe of all the work and how great each of them look. You have inspired me to get my house decorated! I wish I was there to enjoy your Christmas treats; you make the best fudge and toffee! Perhaps you'll post the recipes:)
Gawl Tam, have a little more tree spirit please. JK, they look beautiful. I love that warm feeling you get inside when your tree lights are on and it's dark outside. Answer to your poll, I like to be lazy and stay home on Christmas day. It's too crazy beforehand with all of the parties that you have to get ready for. It's nice to just relax and enjoy the day off work.
P.S. I loved your Christmas card. It made me chuckle.
Mal

Popular posts from this blog

GiveAway!!

Bogger Messed Up My Give Away