Geography Bowl
Today Brittany participated in the 4th grade Geography Bowl at her school. Sadly, her team did not win but they did an excellent job. Some of those questions were incredibly hard and, honestly, I wouldn't have known some of those answers either. Seriously, who would know which of the following has the lowest elevation: Guadalajara, Mexico, [someplace], Bolivia, Hamburg, Germany, and.....I can't remember the other one. The answer was Hamburg, Germany. Brittany got that one right, I would have guessed Mexico. (To be truthful, Brit did admit to me that she guessed, but what a good guess it was!)
Before Christmas, any student wanting to participate on the class team had to take a test (it was optional). The seven highest scores in each class made up the team for that class. Parents organized after-school study sessions and we tried to cram as much info into these little brains as possible, and what a daunting task that was because there were almost no guidelines as to what should be studied. Often times the study sessions turned quite silly so I'm really impressed with how much these kids retained. They are so smart.
Good job, Brittany. I'm proud of you!
Before Christmas, any student wanting to participate on the class team had to take a test (it was optional). The seven highest scores in each class made up the team for that class. Parents organized after-school study sessions and we tried to cram as much info into these little brains as possible, and what a daunting task that was because there were almost no guidelines as to what should be studied. Often times the study sessions turned quite silly so I'm really impressed with how much these kids retained. They are so smart.
Good job, Brittany. I'm proud of you!
Comments