Perfection....Almost
I love cookies. I would choose a cookie over ice cream and most kinds of cake, they are my favorite. However, I am picky about them. In my book, walnuts, coconut and raisins are an abomination; what a way to ruin perfectly scrumptious calories. I discovered my very most favorite cookie while we were living in Halifax, and sadly, I can't get that delectable goodness here. The Double Chocolate Chunk cookies from the bakery at Atlantic Superstore are the best in the whole world. Its a chocolate cookie with chunks of chocolate baked in, so chewy and so moist. What could be better?! Those cookies are one of the many things I miss about Nova Scotia. I've tried to replicate the cookies, I've tried different recipes but its just not the same. However, I have come close! I tried another batch tonight, and although they are not the same, I'll have to settle. Actually, they turned out pretty good and I'm sure I'll have no problem "disappearing" them over the next day or two.

The white chocolate is my own addition. I'll post the recipe on my recipe blog in case anyone wants to try it. If any of you maritimers come across a recipe that is closer to Superstore's, please send it my way.
p.s. Liz, I hope you'll have a chance to stop at Superstore and grab some of the "real stuff" for me before you come to visit. You'll be my hero. :)
The white chocolate is my own addition. I'll post the recipe on my recipe blog in case anyone wants to try it. If any of you maritimers come across a recipe that is closer to Superstore's, please send it my way.
p.s. Liz, I hope you'll have a chance to stop at Superstore and grab some of the "real stuff" for me before you come to visit. You'll be my hero. :)
Comments
I dare say cookies are one of my favoirte desserts and treats. Your cookies look yummy I will have to check out the recipe and give em a go!
It's funny what you miss about the places you've been isn't it? Seems like Novia Scotia had a lot of yummy keepers.