Pet Peeve: "Holiday Offenders"

Note: I really don't mean to offend anyone with the contents of this post. But since it is my blog, I get to write whatever I want, so if you don't like it, don't read it.

The other day as I was driving through our little town, I noticed some things that REALLY bug me. I noticed that quite a few houses still have Christmas decorations up. There is even a house right here in our neighborhood that had their Christmas lights turned ON earlier this week. Okay people, its almost February! Show some self-respect! Yes, I realize this is a free country and that people have the right to display and celebrate any holiday any time of the year they wish. But its WRONG, I tell you. WRONG!!

If I were the Ruler of the World, I would make some new rules. This is what said rules would entail: First of all, you, my readers, should all know by now how I feel about Christmas decor after Christmas (that is, anytime after December 25); however, I understand that many people like to keep thier decorations up through the new year. So, I would declare January 2 another "holiday". The purpose of this holiday would be to allow everyone the chance to take down and put away the lights, trees, and tinsel, etc. Then, just because I'm nice, I would wait until January 5 and then I would start handing out tickets to any house still decked. Fines for the offense would raise considerably on January 15 and by January 31, anyone still exibiting Santas, reindeer, nativities, holly, lights, etc. would go to jail. Either jail or I'd build a really high, really strong fence around their property with no gates and barb wire at the top and I wouldn't take it down until they took down the Christmas stuff.

So, if you are one of these "Holiday Offenders", please find your dignity and put the ornaments and lights away. Its just too early to have that stuff out for the 2009 Christmas season.

Comments

maelsson said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Liz said…
Love it! You would be handing out fines like crazy to the house across the street from my sister's. They have candles in all their windows that they light each night of the entire year! Amen to you.

PS The above post was by me was well, however, I was on the wrong account.
Christy Jones said…
Oh I so agree. You made me laugh, Its even crazier here because it isn't even cold!! 80 degrees with Christmas decorations is just wrong!!!
Ya know, I'm not one of those offenders, we did take our decorations down on New Years day...but I might not completely agree with you. I'm kind of a lazy person. I think it might be nice if I didn't have to decorate my home next year. All I'd have to do is plug in the cords because the decorations were still up from the year before. I guess that would make mowing my lawn a pain. Hey, I'd just stop doing that, also. :)
Julie and Nate said…
Just yesterday, Kenlie asked my why people still had their Christmas decorations up. I informed her that I had NO IDEA! BTW, Brent's invitation to the man party cracked me up! You guys are too funny!
Princess Lisa said…
I can't fault anyone for not taking down their outdoor decorations yet! It's freaking cold in Utah! If I still lived in Arizona, I would totally judge them. But here? I say leave them up till summer!!!

Ours aren't up anymore. But I can't say I care either way. And I'm always so sad to see the lights get turned off that I wouldn't mind if people always had theirs on. But I might judge them for it.
Leave up your decorations in your house? Laaaaazy!

Popular posts from this blog

GiveAway!!

Parade

New House