Calling All Creative Minds

I need some ideas. We are taking the kids to Disneyland in March. We'll be leaving a week from this Wednesday. The kids do NOT know about this trip and this is what I need help with. I can't decide how to tell them about it. I want to surprise them in some fun exciting way, like some sort of game or scavenger hunt or something and I'm coming up short with fun ideas. My plan is to tell them next Monday night during FHE.

I've considered not telling them at all, just packing for them and waking them up early the day of the trip and telling them to get dressed, we're going to Disneyland. But, I think the anticipation of the big day is part of the fun so I do want them to know in advance. So please, send me some ideas. If you can't leave a comment here on my blog, then email me or leave me a note on facebook. Thanks everyone!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Sounds like fun! I think it would be fun to do a scavenger thing on FHE maybe...you could get Disney type things or clues and then have their tickets at the end. I'm not always very good at stuff like that! Can't wait to hear how it goes!!
In a bouquet of helium balloons, have your clues ready before you go to get them filled from the dollar store.The clues are about each of the of the areas in Disney Land.The bouquet get their attention, because its there when they get home from school and you know nothing. And to be able to pop one,they need to answer question from the scriptures. You did say that you wanted to do this for family night. And each clue is about a different part of the disney land,they need to figure out what it is. And the final clue is in a foil balloon and it tells them where and when they will see each of those places. HAVE FUN!!!!!!!!!! Robyn
I think a scavenger hunt sounds fun. Maybe you could have them on part of the scavenger hunt find a paper and pen, and they can write a letter to their favorite Disney character, and when they ask why, you can tell them you are mailing them off to let them know you are coming to visit them.
Michele said…
Hmmmmm that sounds like so much fun! You could make it the FHE "treat." Make Mickey Mouse cookies or something....or stick a figuring in jello, or some crazy thing.
I can't wait to hear how it goes!
Stacey Irwin said…
ooh this sounds so fun!!! you could grab a new action figure or figurine or picture of their Very favorite character... and do mickey mouse shaped paper cut out with arrows pointing towards their favorite character.( clues) ( you could use different colors for each kid) have them follow the "mouse" thru out the house till they find their favorite character along with a written letter( could be from the character) about how excited they are to see them when they come ( whatever date you're arriving) after the mouse hunt is over. have a cake or cookies that have " were going to disney land!!!" written on them.
I'm so excited for you guys. FHE night is going to be exciting! Hope you guys have lots of fun!! ( I wanna go!) how long are you going for? Can't wait to read about what you ended up doing to spring the surprise!
The Bing's said…
ohhh soooo fun... can I come in a suitcase I am longing to go to Disney again.... someday soon. The kids are going to be soooooo excited!!! I have no ideas... but did you mention a scavenger hunt?? that could be pretty awesome... let us all know how it goes!!
Anonymous said…
My mom's friends happened to be taking her mom to the airport for California. She had the whole family there and when it came time to say goodbye, grandma said that she didn't want to have to go all alone and pulled out tickets with the childrens names on them and asked if they wanted to come. Their mom of course had packed their bags ahead of time. That's the ultimate if your flying. Hope you have a great time!
Princess Lisa said…
WOW! How exciting for your kids!!!

I wish I had some great ideas...but I don't! :)

When I was little my parents took us to Disneyland...but they didn't tell us until they woke us up that morning! We were SO excited!!!

I can't wait to hear what you do!!!
Claudine said…
I would get them to open fake plane tickets with Mickey ears on them and see if they can figure it out from there.
The Scavenger hunt sounds like tons of fun too.
But then again so does just waking up and telling them that you're going that day.
Ahh...the joys of planning! Good luck!

Popular posts from this blog

GiveAway!!

Parade

New House