Do You REALIZE WHERE You Work??

I had an experience last week that I thought I'd share. You may get a kick out of it. I've already shared this with some, so sorry for the repetition.

About a week and a half ago, our treadmill died. So last Monday, for Family Night, we took the kids out to dinner and then went to Sports Authority to buy a new treadmill. The guy that helped us was probably in college, young, with the perfectly messed-up hair, a somewhat vacant look on his face, and the really deep voice that just gives one the impression that it's owner is missing a few cards from the deck.

Anyway, we picked out the machine we wanted and purchased the extended warranty for the sole purpose that this gesture would also include assembly and delivery of our treadmill. Mr. Messy-hair informed us the treadmill would be delivered on Wednesday.

So, jump to Wednesday. We were hit with a pretty good snow storm and during the storm my phone rings. It was Mr. Messy-hair-I'm-even-dumber-than-I-look. (I knew it was him just from the sound of his voice.) This is how our conversation went:

Mr. Messy-hair: "Ummm...its snowing so we can't deliver your treadmill...... Our truck doesn't have a cover and we don't want it (the treadmill) to get wet...... We'll bring it on Thursday."

Me: "Can't you put a tarp over it?"

Mr. Messy-hair: "Ummm.......we don't have one."

Dude!! You work in a Sporting Goods store!!!!

I didn't get my treadmill until Thursday.

Comments

Christy Jones said…
Awsome story. I am amazed at the stupidity of sales employees sometimes. you made me laugh, thanks!
Anonymous said…
oh dear...I guess you should be grateful it actually showed up at your house at all!!
Maggie Jane said…
That's hilarious! Wow,it amazes me the wit of some people. LOL
Stacey Irwin said…
LOL!!!Really? WOW.. DON'T YOU JUST PITY DUMB PEOPLE. You gotta wonder how then can even manage to get thru the day! And really how many stores don't have real delivery trucks! I'm suprised who knew how to dial the phone! LOL!! shh! there is dumb people everywhere... and they don't even know they're DUMB! ha. ha.
Glad you got your treadmill.
Claudine said…
Hahaha...stupid sales employees!! Oh dang it...I'm one of those...just not stupid!
Loved the story and I'm actually really glad you got your treadmill. I was thinking the truck didn't have snow tires...but not having a tarp is priceless!d

Popular posts from this blog

GiveAway!!

Parade

New House