February 11

Dear Dad,

Today is your birthday. You would be 54 years old. I was thinking of your birthdays over the years and the one that stands out the most is 2005, which was your 50th birthday. It was our last year in Halifax and you and Mom came to visit. You actually left a few days before your birthday so we had an early celebration. Brittany and Brooky had a party for you. They put up decorations and had games and we made a chocolate cake with chocolate frosting, one of your favorites, (I know your real favorite was always German Chocolate but the plain chocolate was more agreeable to us.) and you blew out the candles. If I remember correctly, the gift we gave you was a t-shirt that had a picture of the kids on it and it said "This Grandpa Belongs to Brittany, Brooklyn and Damon". You were wearing that shirt the day Mom and I took you to the hospital. It was the last shirt you ever wore.

I miss you, Dad. We all do. I think of you often and I treasure the memories I have. Happy birthday.

Love,
Tami

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hope you made it through the day alright, it must have been difficult
Christy Jones said…
what a nice note to your Dad on his birthday! You are in my thoughts today!
Princess Lisa said…
That was beautiful Tami! I'm so sorry about your Dad. I think that was a beautiful tribute to him. Hang in there. :)


(To answer your hair color question... I was born with jet-black hair. It all fell out and came in blonde. As a little girl I had blonde hair and blue eyes. And then when I was 12...my eyes turned green and my hair turned dark brown/black. It's very odd. I'm just waiting for that one day I wake up and it starts growing in blonde and my eyes turn blue again! :) )
That was such a sweet note to your dad, he was such an awesome funny guy, he always made me and Julie laugh when we were being obnoxious teenagers!
Stacey Irwin said…
Hope you enjoying some good memories of him on his birthday. What cute gift to give him. I'm sure he wore it with pride.
And a good way to remember him on his birthday.
Think'n about ya~
Channynba said…
Sounds like you had good memories.

Popular posts from this blog

GiveAway!!

Parade

New House