V-Day
I love Valentine's Day. Oh sure, it's one of those commercial holidays probably invented for the main purpose of allowing retailers increased profits, but for me, it's one more party to have.
We have some V-day traditions in our family. Every year we have a special dinner, the menu is always the same but this year, Brent and I kicked it up a notch for the kids. Usually we feed the kids and then hustle them off to bed so we can enjoy the evening by ourselves. We still did that but this year we played "Restaurant". I typed up invites for each of the kids telling them what time dinner would be served and that they should have their baths and their pjs on before coming. When they arrived at the table, Brent, the maitre d' (or as Brooky called him, "waitress")handed each kid a menu. We had heart-shaped turkey burgers, their choice of couscous or homemade french fries, choice of carrots and broccoli or green beans, red jello with a whipped cream heart on top and a giant sugar cookie, personalized with their name. After the kids placed their orders, Brent served their food and cleared dishes as they finished. He spoke with a funny accent that the girls just loved but Damon didn't like it and kept asking him to stop.

Our kids each receive a gift on Valentine's. This year I made robes for each of them. The robes the girls have been wearing were way too small and Damon really wanted one for Christmas but I couldn't find one for him.


After the kids finished their dinner, they headed off to bed and Brent and I enjoyed a kid-free evening.
Oh! I'm sure you're sitting here, reading this and wondering "what about Ellie?" Don't worry. I didn't forget her. She got a cookie too.

We have some V-day traditions in our family. Every year we have a special dinner, the menu is always the same but this year, Brent and I kicked it up a notch for the kids. Usually we feed the kids and then hustle them off to bed so we can enjoy the evening by ourselves. We still did that but this year we played "Restaurant". I typed up invites for each of the kids telling them what time dinner would be served and that they should have their baths and their pjs on before coming. When they arrived at the table, Brent, the maitre d' (or as Brooky called him, "waitress")handed each kid a menu. We had heart-shaped turkey burgers, their choice of couscous or homemade french fries, choice of carrots and broccoli or green beans, red jello with a whipped cream heart on top and a giant sugar cookie, personalized with their name. After the kids placed their orders, Brent served their food and cleared dishes as they finished. He spoke with a funny accent that the girls just loved but Damon didn't like it and kept asking him to stop.
Our kids each receive a gift on Valentine's. This year I made robes for each of them. The robes the girls have been wearing were way too small and Damon really wanted one for Christmas but I couldn't find one for him.
After the kids finished their dinner, they headed off to bed and Brent and I enjoyed a kid-free evening.
Oh! I'm sure you're sitting here, reading this and wondering "what about Ellie?" Don't worry. I didn't forget her. She got a cookie too.
Comments
Glad you guys had a fun V-day what a good mom you are!
GREAT job on the robes! They're absolutely adorable!
I'm glad you had a great V-day. Hopefully next year will be just as superb...and maybe the kids might take over!