Playing With Damon
Damon is getting increasingly bored and restless these days. His mornings are spent at preschool or speech but after lunch he just kind of mopes around asking me what he can do.
We had some beautiful weather yesterday so I tried to get Damon to go outside to play, but he didn't want to play by himself and his little friend wasn't home. So, that left me and Ellie as the only possible playmates. I had nothing to do yesterday. The house was clean, the laundry caught-up, and no errands to run so I headed outside with my baby (who constantly reminds me that he is NOT a baby.)
This week, one of Damon's responsibilities is to take care of the dog. This includes scooping up the poop in the backyard. Damon is plenty capable of this job, but for some reason he is completely INcapable of completing this assignment without whining or complaining. So, being the great mom that I am (haha), I decided to help him pick up the turds. After that was done, I watched Damon drive around in his Jeep that he got for Christmas. It was so funny to see him get out of the Jeep and push and pull it around to face the opposite direction. He hasn't quite figured out how make the "reverse" gear work for him.
After the Jeep, we headed into the backyard to the playset. First, we swung on the swings then Damon insisted I climb up to the playhouse with him. I was then directed to look through the binoculars and watch for passing cars while Damon commandeered the steering wheel and drew on the chalk board. Finally, I was able to convince him that it was time to go inside and take a break. I was tired. But we had a good time. Thanks for playing with me, Damon.
p.s. I wish I had taken my camera out with me. The weather was so nice, I was wearing just a thin sweater but Damon decided it was still cold and had on his winter coat and his moon boots.
We had some beautiful weather yesterday so I tried to get Damon to go outside to play, but he didn't want to play by himself and his little friend wasn't home. So, that left me and Ellie as the only possible playmates. I had nothing to do yesterday. The house was clean, the laundry caught-up, and no errands to run so I headed outside with my baby (who constantly reminds me that he is NOT a baby.)
This week, one of Damon's responsibilities is to take care of the dog. This includes scooping up the poop in the backyard. Damon is plenty capable of this job, but for some reason he is completely INcapable of completing this assignment without whining or complaining. So, being the great mom that I am (haha), I decided to help him pick up the turds. After that was done, I watched Damon drive around in his Jeep that he got for Christmas. It was so funny to see him get out of the Jeep and push and pull it around to face the opposite direction. He hasn't quite figured out how make the "reverse" gear work for him.
After the Jeep, we headed into the backyard to the playset. First, we swung on the swings then Damon insisted I climb up to the playhouse with him. I was then directed to look through the binoculars and watch for passing cars while Damon commandeered the steering wheel and drew on the chalk board. Finally, I was able to convince him that it was time to go inside and take a break. I was tired. But we had a good time. Thanks for playing with me, Damon.
p.s. I wish I had taken my camera out with me. The weather was so nice, I was wearing just a thin sweater but Damon decided it was still cold and had on his winter coat and his moon boots.
Comments
Sometimes it's fun to just go out and be a kid again. Let them determine the play and just do what they want to do... it's nice!
(and I am incapable of picking up dog turds)
What a good mom you are! Even to get up in the play house! wow! But isn't it amazing how tired we get from playing? I'm loving our warm weather and kick my kids outside as often as possible.
I envy you .. I cannot pick up the Dog turds. I gag so hard!!!