Suggestions Needed

I need some ideas and some advice. Damon's birthday is coming up soon and he's having a party. I hate birthday parties. Oh, I'm perfectly happy to send my kids to someone else's party, but I hate planning and hosting them. Actually, I don't really mind the planning part, but I hate having a bunch of kids running around my house, trying to get them to play dumb games and keeping everyone happy. And I really hate the mess that comes with it.

Okay, this is what I need. I need some game ideas for 5-year old boys. I want to keep it simple and I'm hoping to be able to go outside but games need to be adaptable to indoors in case the weather is bad. We are not having a theme, I'm hoping it will be easier that way. If Damon chose a theme, it would probably have something to do with video games and I just don't know enough about that stuff to be cool. So, send me your successful game ideas.

One other issue. Damon is on a "No Girls!" kick right now and he has decided he no longer likes his little friend CayDee that lives two doors down. CayDee still likes to play with Damon and comes over regularly. Sometimes Damon will play with her but other times he avoids her so she'll play with Brooky. Damon does not want to invite CayDee (or any other girl) to his party. (See why I hate stuff like this?) What do I do? Its very likely CayDee may pop over to play while the party is in full swing, then she'd know she wasn't invited. If I invite her, Damon will be upset. We'd also probably need to invite a couple of other girls, too. Help! If you can't leave a comment, write on my fb wall or send me an email. Thanks everyone!

Comments

I know they are so stressful. I would still invite the little girl, if anything it's a social grace to her parents and they'd feel bad I think. I dunno. If it was Lauren I'd say, you either invite your friends and share, or you have no cake. LOL! I suck.
Christy Jones said…
does logan have one of those places like a crash crawlies? Its an indoor play area that you can rent and use to throw parties. They usually supply the food and charge you per kid, something like 15 dollars. The kids run crazy and play and they do all the work.
If you don't have a place like that
then I would limit the kids invited and have a little campout. build a tent in your house or yard and tell some spooky stories, do roasted marshmellos and so on. Boys love that stuff!
Anonymous said…
i would invite the little girl too, even if she is the only girl there at least she could play with Brooke too. Games are so hard and sadly I don't really have any good ideas. You could maybe do a scavenger hunt though, that could be fun for them if they have some help!
Stacey Irwin said…
It's his party.. let him decide who he does and does not want there. However, you may want to remind him that she may not invite him to HER party. And would feel very bad cause she thinks he's cool. If he can't invite her you may need to insist on an all boy party. ( at least that is easier to explain to the parents.)

As for ideas. Things i have done...
I can't think of anywhere in Logan that is all about kids except for Mcdonalds.
What about a swim party at sports academy? Or I had a balloon guy come and let them entertain them for an hour. ( and these weren't lame make a dog. he made cool hats that were super fun and huge!_)
If you can get out side. GO to a park. And bring kites. ( if wind is in the forcast.) It will keep them entertained for quite awhile.
Pinata? for there treats to take home.
We just talked our two April birthdays OUT of party's and taken them to a kids museum instead. I'm so relieved! I wish you the best of luck!
Amy Johnson said…
Hmmm...this is hard! I think Staceys right on the "girl" thing. Let him make the decision, but warn him what the conseguence might be (not getting invited to her party). Plus, if you invite her and he really doesn't want her there the kids might be mean to her (hopefully not, but they are 5!). I'll have to ask my mom about some fun games for that age group! One idea is to glue toilet paper rolls together and let the kids decorate them, than hide little plastic animals around the yard or house (like the ones you can buy at the dollar store) and have them go on a "safari". Just an idea. Good luck!!
Julie and Nate said…
For birthday party ideas, I love familyfun.com. They have tons of ideas by theme or age. Either that or I like the idea of going somewhere for the party, then the neighbor girl won't know the party is happening. There is always the Fun Park, the Celebration Center, or a place like that!
I say go somewhere else for the party and she'll never know. You can always have her over someother day for cupcakes and she'll be none the wiser. It's his party not the little girls!
What is wrong with you?! What do you live for if it's not the joy and happiness of your children? You need to relax and have fun. Damon only turns 5 once.

Popular posts from this blog

GiveAway!!

Parade

New House