Video Game Day
At our house, Saturday is video game day. Damon LIVES for Saturdays. Actually, where Damon is concerned, the name of this partciular day of the week is "Video-Game Day". I'm not sure he even remembers that the real name for the day is "Saturday". On Fridays he often asks me, "Is tomorrow Video-game Day?" It is the only day of the week he gets up and voluntarily asks me what work he needs to get done and it is the ONLY time he willingly and quickly does his chores, without any complaining. He knows he doesn't get to play video games until all the work is done.
The mom at our house does not know to work the XBox. I'm sure its not difficult, but I refuse to learn how to turn the dang thing on and set up the games. One of my reasons for this is, if I knew how to make this piece of technology work, I would be pestered EVERY day by a certain little boy wanting to play Castle Crashers. I refuse to let him play it that often. So its really easy for me to say, "Sorry Bud, I don't know how to work the XBox. You'll have to wait until Saturday when Daddy is home to help you." Damon has learned that this is just how it is.
On a typical Saturday morning, Brent sleeps in for a while then gets up and does his work-out for the day. Damon knows he has to wait until Daddy is done exercising before it's his turn. He is so patient.
I love watching this kid play his games. He really gets into it, you can tell by his facial expressions.


The mom at our house does not know to work the XBox. I'm sure its not difficult, but I refuse to learn how to turn the dang thing on and set up the games. One of my reasons for this is, if I knew how to make this piece of technology work, I would be pestered EVERY day by a certain little boy wanting to play Castle Crashers. I refuse to let him play it that often. So its really easy for me to say, "Sorry Bud, I don't know how to work the XBox. You'll have to wait until Saturday when Daddy is home to help you." Damon has learned that this is just how it is.
On a typical Saturday morning, Brent sleeps in for a while then gets up and does his work-out for the day. Damon knows he has to wait until Daddy is done exercising before it's his turn. He is so patient.
I love watching this kid play his games. He really gets into it, you can tell by his facial expressions.
Comments