Damon's Birthday
Damon's birthday was last Wednesday (4/8) so I'm nearly a week late with this post.
As you know from previous posts, we skipped the birthday party with friends and just focused on family stuff. We actually didn't do much on his actual birthday because Brent was already scheduled to work late so we did the celebrating on Thursday. Brent took half the day off work, and since it was Spring Vacation for the girls, we went to lunch. Where did we go? Golden Corral....again (sigh). After lunch, Brent took Damon to do his birthday shopping with the money he got for not having a party. This is what he came home with (I should mention the poster he is standing next to was made by Brooklyn. She spent so much time on it and was so excited to give it to Damon.):


Damon really wanted a Ben 10 watch. He's been asking for one since Christmas and I had no idea what it was until he pointed it out in a catalog a few weeks ago. The watch as little disks that can be inserted and images project on the wall when a button is pushed. He was so excited for this thing.

Damon also got a new bike helmet. His old one used to be a bright red but all the hours in the sun faded it. A few weeks ago Damon was out riding his bike and the kid next door kept asking me, "Why does Damon have a pink helmet?" I figured it was time for a new one. Don't have a picture but the new one is blue with red spiders.
And, what's a birthday in the Suisse household without video games? While they were out shopping, Brent got Damon a new game for the DS. Its Ben 10 and he plays it as constantly as I will allow.
Damon wanted an ice cream cake this year so I decided to make it instead of buy it. It turned out okay and his main request was that it have chunks of cookie dough in it. Well, I didn't have any cookie dough and I didn't want to make any so I asked Damon if it would be okay if we skipped that part. He got the saddest look on his face and it just broke my heart, so I went to the store and bought a cookie mix. (I'm such a good mom!)

I cannot believe my baby is 5!! The time has gone so fast, it seems like it was just the other day that I was on the phone with my mom giggling because she didn't know I was nearly 9 months pregnant. (If you don't know what I'm talking about click here.) I cannot imagine our family without Damon, he is my sweetheart. I love you, Damon.
As you know from previous posts, we skipped the birthday party with friends and just focused on family stuff. We actually didn't do much on his actual birthday because Brent was already scheduled to work late so we did the celebrating on Thursday. Brent took half the day off work, and since it was Spring Vacation for the girls, we went to lunch. Where did we go? Golden Corral....again (sigh). After lunch, Brent took Damon to do his birthday shopping with the money he got for not having a party. This is what he came home with (I should mention the poster he is standing next to was made by Brooklyn. She spent so much time on it and was so excited to give it to Damon.):
Damon really wanted a Ben 10 watch. He's been asking for one since Christmas and I had no idea what it was until he pointed it out in a catalog a few weeks ago. The watch as little disks that can be inserted and images project on the wall when a button is pushed. He was so excited for this thing.
Damon also got a new bike helmet. His old one used to be a bright red but all the hours in the sun faded it. A few weeks ago Damon was out riding his bike and the kid next door kept asking me, "Why does Damon have a pink helmet?" I figured it was time for a new one. Don't have a picture but the new one is blue with red spiders.
And, what's a birthday in the Suisse household without video games? While they were out shopping, Brent got Damon a new game for the DS. Its Ben 10 and he plays it as constantly as I will allow.
Damon wanted an ice cream cake this year so I decided to make it instead of buy it. It turned out okay and his main request was that it have chunks of cookie dough in it. Well, I didn't have any cookie dough and I didn't want to make any so I asked Damon if it would be okay if we skipped that part. He got the saddest look on his face and it just broke my heart, so I went to the store and bought a cookie mix. (I'm such a good mom!)
I cannot believe my baby is 5!! The time has gone so fast, it seems like it was just the other day that I was on the phone with my mom giggling because she didn't know I was nearly 9 months pregnant. (If you don't know what I'm talking about click here.) I cannot imagine our family without Damon, he is my sweetheart. I love you, Damon.
Comments
Aww the Ben 10.. He is/was a big hit in our house. If only we lived closer all the boys could put on there Omnitrix and go turn into an alien together~ Ha!
So glad he had a good brithday, looks like he came away with quite a few treasures!
WTG on the ice cream and cookie dough cake. You are a better mom then I am!
Tami, I'm glad that you finally posted a new one today. I was beginning to wonder if something was wrong.
Looks likes he enjoyed it all.