Mormons and Their Boundaries
Here's a random thought for ya:
I was out running this morning and as I passed the Providence Stake Center I got to thinking. Mormons assign names to buildings that often give the indication that a particular building is located in a particular town or city. This is not always the case. In our small town of Providence we currently have 2 stakes (very soon to be 3), Providence Stake and Providence South Stake. Funny thing is, neither of these stake centers are actually located in Providence. The Providence Stake Center, the building that got me started on this random thread, is found in River Heights. The Providence South Stake Center is in Millville.
These misleadings are not limited to just Utah. The Halifax, Nova Scotia temple is actually in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia. Whats up with this?....Not that it matters, the church is still true.
I was out running this morning and as I passed the Providence Stake Center I got to thinking. Mormons assign names to buildings that often give the indication that a particular building is located in a particular town or city. This is not always the case. In our small town of Providence we currently have 2 stakes (very soon to be 3), Providence Stake and Providence South Stake. Funny thing is, neither of these stake centers are actually located in Providence. The Providence Stake Center, the building that got me started on this random thread, is found in River Heights. The Providence South Stake Center is in Millville.
These misleadings are not limited to just Utah. The Halifax, Nova Scotia temple is actually in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia. Whats up with this?....Not that it matters, the church is still true.
Comments