My Baptism
I was baptized May 3, 1986, 23 years ago today. I've always remembered the date without having to look it up. I have so many memories of that day. My dad baptized and confirmed me. I wish I had a picture of my dad and me at my baptism. I'm not sure pictures were even taken on that day because I can't recall ever seeing one. However, I drew a picture of my dad and me in the baptismal font. I kept that picture in my journal for years but at some point in time I decided it was a dumb thing to keep and I threw it away. I really wish I hadn't done that, I remember almost exactly what it looked like but I wish I still had it to look at now. Maybe I'm being a little too sentimental...
After the baptismal service we went to lunch at Juniper Inn. This was always one of my favorite places to eat but sadly, it burned down several years ago. The next day, Sunday, we had a family dinner at our house with grandparents, uncles, aunts, and cousins. When we were just about to eat, my mom asked me to carry a big bowl of fruit to the table. I dropped it. It was a huge mess and I felt so bad. I remember Grandma Bartlett helped clean up while Grandma Audrey hugged me and told me it was okay.
One of Brooklyn's friends was baptized yesterday and Brooklyn's entire primary class attended the service. I can't believe it will soon be Brooky's turn to be baptized. I can't believe its been nearly 2 years since Brittany was baptized. Time goes so fast. I'm grateful for my kids and for the good choices they are making. They are strong little spirits and I'm so proud of them. I'm grateful for my parents and the things they taught me and for encouraging me to be baptized. I'm grateful my dad was able to perform that ordinance for me and for the memories I have of him and of that day.
After the baptismal service we went to lunch at Juniper Inn. This was always one of my favorite places to eat but sadly, it burned down several years ago. The next day, Sunday, we had a family dinner at our house with grandparents, uncles, aunts, and cousins. When we were just about to eat, my mom asked me to carry a big bowl of fruit to the table. I dropped it. It was a huge mess and I felt so bad. I remember Grandma Bartlett helped clean up while Grandma Audrey hugged me and told me it was okay.
One of Brooklyn's friends was baptized yesterday and Brooklyn's entire primary class attended the service. I can't believe it will soon be Brooky's turn to be baptized. I can't believe its been nearly 2 years since Brittany was baptized. Time goes so fast. I'm grateful for my kids and for the good choices they are making. They are strong little spirits and I'm so proud of them. I'm grateful for my parents and the things they taught me and for encouraging me to be baptized. I'm grateful my dad was able to perform that ordinance for me and for the memories I have of him and of that day.
Comments
I sit here trying to remember mine..sadly.. I can't remember much. Other then I was happy and excited. and my mother made gross hamb. stew.
when it comes to special days there is no such thing as being TOO sentimental. Especially when they have to do with memories of your dad.