New Calling

I have been a Relief Society instructor since July of 2007. It is a calling that I welcomed and have absolutely loved. I love to teach and I have no fear of public speaking. I've had a feeling for the past few months that a change was headed my way. I questioned whether or not this was the Spirit preparing me or if I was just getting a little burned out. About a week and a half ago I got a call from the ward executive secretary saying the bishop would like to meet with me and Brent. Our appointment was scheduled for Sunday, May 17 (last week). For those of you on facebook that questioned my status when I wrote that I was feeling nervous, this meeting was the reason. I knew it was my assignment that was changing because Brent was only recently called to teach the adult Sunday school class and I was approaching the 2-year mark for my calling. I also knew it was something big because the bishop only asks the spouse to tag along when such is the case. I had this horrible fear that I was going to be called to Young Women, not a calling I want. When I was a teenager I did everything I could to get out of going to YW activities. I hated it. However, worse than YWs would have been nursery and quite honestly, I would have said no. To my surprise, excitement, and relief I was called as the Enrichment Counselor in RS. I'm really excited for this calling, partly because it is the only position in a RS presidency I've never held so its new territory for me. I'm excited to be able to work with the other members of this new presidency and I'm really excited I get to stay in Relief Society for the time being.

Comments

The Full Nelson said…
Congratulations on the new calling! Hope that you enjoy it
Christy Jones said…
Nice, I love relief society callings! Seems I am always in Primary. Congatulations on a really fun calling!
Congrats! Sounds like one you'll excel at. And YW President really isn't that bad. I loved it. You'll get your turn ... LOL.
Stacey Irwin said…
I'm glad you are excited for your new calling.. Isn't it funny where we all have our favorite spot.. I would die if I got called TO. R.S. not my cup of tea at all!
I just got called to be the secretary in Primary Pres. And they asked Paul to tag along in that one. I thought it was a bit odd!
I know you will so rock it. Yay!
Tamara Moses said…
Congrats Tami! You'll be so great at that!! That's one of my callings, and I really enjoy it, but since we're in a small, small branch, it's not as fun as it could be.
Channynba said…
Congrats to you...i personally would prefer the nursery calling...but after all I have been doing nursery for over 10 years. So maybe i am used to it.

Popular posts from this blog

GiveAway!!

Parade

New House