Walking with Damon

Yesterday Damon really wanted to go for a walk around the block but he is not allowed to do that by himself. He asked Brittany to go with him and she said no. He was so upset and for whatever reason, he really wanted to go for a walk. I felt bad, mostly because I have completely ignored and neglected him this week because I'm up to my eyeballs in projects (post coming soon on that topic), so I told him I'd go with him after dinner. He was so excited. I told the girls they were not invited to come with us and Damon and I set out for our walk. He held my hand the entire way and just chattered to me and he thought it was so neat that it was just the two of us. It was so obvious that he thoroughly enjoyed himself, he was just grinning. (Made me feel even more guilty that the only company he's had all week is the DS.) When we got home he asked if we could do that again sometime. I told him yes, that maybe we could go again the next day. So several times today Damon asked if we were going to go for a walk around the block after dinner. I told him yes and he was so excited. When dinner time came, I was feeling overwhelmed with my projects and asked Damon if we could skip the walk tonight. He really wanted to go and I didn't have the heart to bail on him. Brent overheard our conversation and asked where we were going, I filled him in and he offered to take Damon so I could finish what I was doing. By this time I had managed to convince Damon to go for a really short walk instead of the trek around the block. He was so excited to be going with Brent. He had the biggest smile on his face when he got home.

Comments

Cute ! You guys have such a sweet family. I love reading your blog =)
Amy Johnson said…
It really is the little things that matter the most! That is a memory I bet he never forgets!
Anonymous said…
That's so cute. Since the weather has been nicer here this week we have started walking. Hunter gets so excited. He gathers up all his toys and trys to bring them. I love how the simplist things can put a smile on their sweet little faces.
Stacey Irwin said…
One thing I have learned and keep learning with my kids. Is they love just their very own special thing they get to do with mom or dad. And it is usually something small and not all to time consuming. It's even more special if no one else is allowed to go.
I too get caught up in stuff and leave my children to entertain themselves far more then they should. But really when we take the time and see their faces do we ever regret it?
What a great bonding moment for him. and for you guys.

Popular posts from this blog

GiveAway!!

Bogger Messed Up My Give Away