The Day She's Been Waiting For

Brooklyn hit a milestone this past week. A milestone she has been waiting for for more than a year. She lost her first tooth. This is why it was such a big deal for her: Due to her birthday being when it is, Brooklyn is the very oldest in her class at school. She is nearly a full year older than the younger kids in her grade. All during this past school year (1st grade) and during most of last year (kindergarten) she has watched enviously as every other kid in her classes has lost teeth and her teeth have stayed just as sturdy as can be. Until last Wednesday, June 3. I got home from the gym at about 7:30 that morning and Brooklyn came running to the door and said, "Mommy, I have a loose tooth!" She was so excited. She was literally the only kid in her first grade class that hadn't lost a tooth yet. She spent the following days wiggling and talking non-stop about it. Finally, on Saturday afternoon on our way home from Yellowstone (post on that coming soon), the tooth fell out. Brooky put her tooth under her pillow last night for the Toothfairy and discovered "two dollars and two quarters" when she awoke this morning.

Comments

The Bing's said…
Ohhh Congratulations are in order for sure, that is super exciting... now the rest are I'm sure all going to follow, my niece had lost her two front teeth and is loving it!!!
Stacey Irwin said…
YAY! I'm glad she finally got to meet the tooth fairy! I remember how anxious I was to lose teeth too!
Now she can go into the next grade a toothless wonder just like all the other kids!
The Full Nelson said…
yay!! how exciting for her! now I am sure she'll be losing lots of teeth!
Channynba said…
Congrats, to you super girl. That is an awesome even in your life.
sooo cool! does she ever get told she looks just like her aunt julie?
Tami said…
Melissa, you've to be the first one to ever say that. We always hear how much Brooklyn looks like Brent.
Christy Jones said…
That is so funny that her and Alton lost their first tooth on the same day! Congratulations to her!!! I know how exciting it is!
Liz said…
Fantastic! Patrick was late loosing his first tooth as well. To make it worse, Erin had a loose tooth the same time, so it was a contest. Congrats Brooky!

Popular posts from this blog

GiveAway!!

Parade

New House