Got Milk?

I just finished my mid-afternoon snack, a big ol' bowl of cereal.....times two. (Hey! I was hungry!) I used up the last of the milk so I headed out to the fridge in the garage to retrieve another gallon and I got to thinking that my family goes through a lot of milk. Seems like someone is constantly making the trek to the garage to obtain a replacement for the empty jug. Our family of 5 (2 adults and 3 kids, all under the age of 10) goes through nearly 6 full gallons of milk in a one-week period. That sounds like a lot of milk to me so I'm wondering how much your family guzzles. Leave a comment and tell me how much milk you buy each week, how many people are in your household, how many adults and how many kids.

Comments

Lis Drage said…
Our family, 2 adults and 5 kids go through about a gallon a day and WAY more in the summer when all the friends are coming to play. It's alot of milk!!!
Kim said…
We must not be milk lovers! We don't even finish a gallon a week. That's only for four, but we don't drink it very often. Not even if there's any left in the cereal bowl.
Christy Jones said…
We go through about a gallon a week, but I have a dairy allergy so we don't consume very much milk. 2 adults 3 kids!
Tamara Moses said…
Family of 6, we go through 4L a week, which is essentially 2 gallons. It's $7 a gallon up here, so I monitor it.
The Full Nelson said…
we go through about 1.5-2 gallons a week and there are two adults and two kids (well since one can't drink milk yet we'll say one!) However it is only really ethan who drinks it, and he goes through a lot.
Stacey Irwin said…
I hear ya. Now I don't go thru that a week, yet. I buy close to 7 Gal. to last 2 weeks. Sometimes we make it with a half gallon and sometimes I have to hit the store for and extra gallon or two. We are eating more cereal now, but we have milk with every meal. 3 kids 2 adults. People here think it's crazy how much milk I buy I get a comment every stink'n time! ( why not just buy the cow. ha ha ha, like I never heard THAT one before.)
I imagine as the kids get older the kids will go thru it faster... then I will definetly have to have an extra fridge too to store it in!
Anonymous said…
Hmmm, I'd say we go through around 4 or 5 a week not including the powder milk I often make when we run out of the "good" stuff. We buy whole milk for everyone but me so that costs us a wee bit more.
Anonymous said…
We go through 2 to 3 gallons a week. That's 2 adults and 1 kid. But we go through a tonne of juice. Mainly because milk is so expensive in Canada.
Liz said…
We go through about 4 gallons a week and at $7 a gallon it adds up quickly! I wish it was cheaper.
Liz said…
I should have mentioned that those are 4 4L containers for a family of 2 adults and 4 children. Rand and I aren't that big of milk drinkers, but our children are.
Channynba said…
well for us...a family of just two, we go through about through about 2 gallons a week...we LOVE milk and milk products.
Same here, we go through a lot with a family of 4. About 5-6 gallons a week. Milk does a body good right?!
britt said…
We have 2 adults and 3 kids. We go through about 6-7 gallons a week. Me and my two year old are the worst. My four year old eats alot of cereal, so he uses quite a bit of milk with that. I've always loved milk, my mom use to say we are going to have to get a cow if you don't stop drinking so much milk.
Kade & Jess said…
We just appreciate you supporting Dairy Farmers!

Popular posts from this blog

GiveAway!!

Parade

New House