My Favorite Kid

I broke one of the cardinal rules of motherhood today. You know that one rule that says you can’t have a favorite kid? Or, at the very least, you can’t admit that you have a favorite and you certainly can’t say which one is your favorite? Yeah, I broke that rule today. And here I am admitting it on my blog for all to read about.

This is my favorite kid:



Ellie is my favorite because she never sasses me. She doesn’t whine when I ask her to do something. She usually obeys after only one request from me. She eats anything I put in front of her (expect lettuce and mustard) and she doesn’t whine or complain about not liking the cuisine. She doesn’t leave her toys and books lying around. I don’t have to hound her to make her bed or put away her clean clothes. She doesn’t follow me around complaining that she’s bored. She doesn’t pick fights with or antagonize the other kids. And she never tells me hates me when she’s mad at me.

In case you didn’t catch it, its been a really rough couple of weeks at our house.

Comments

Channynba said…
Cute kid...you have such a beautiful dog.
Lis Drage said…
Aren't dogs great....You can tell them anything and they keep your secrets, and you can vent to them and they just sit there and listen. BUT, mine does leave her toys aaaalll over the house! ...but I forgive her cause she's so cute. Hope next week is better for you! Maybe one of the "real" kids will make it onto your favorite's list lol.
Stacey Irwin said…
LOL!!!!
WOW, I so agree with you. I told Paul let's sell the children and Keep the dog! (since she is the only one who minds!)
Now you can ask your children ( since it's not a secret anymore,)
"Why can't you be more like Ella?"
I think I'll try that too.

I so know your pain! thanks for the laugh!
The Full Nelson said…
Hope your week and next are much better

Popular posts from this blog

GiveAway!!

Parade

New House