My Favorite Toy
Since I can't think of anything more important to blog about today, I thought I'd do a "show-and-tell".
This is my favorite toy.

Brent gave it to me for Christmas the year before last.
What is it? I'll tell you. It is a Garmin Forerunner. What's that? I'll tell you. It is a GPS system designed especially for runners. This over-sized wristwatch keeps track of the miles I run, how fast I am running at any given time (pace), my total time for the run, how many minutes it took to run each individual mile, calories burned, elevation gained and lost, and maps of where I've been, as well as the current time. I can plug this thing into the computer and see all my data on a screen big enough to actually read. This baby is always on my wrist when I'm out pounding the pavement. I would feel naked without it.
This is my favorite toy.
Brent gave it to me for Christmas the year before last.
What is it? I'll tell you. It is a Garmin Forerunner. What's that? I'll tell you. It is a GPS system designed especially for runners. This over-sized wristwatch keeps track of the miles I run, how fast I am running at any given time (pace), my total time for the run, how many minutes it took to run each individual mile, calories burned, elevation gained and lost, and maps of where I've been, as well as the current time. I can plug this thing into the computer and see all my data on a screen big enough to actually read. This baby is always on my wrist when I'm out pounding the pavement. I would feel naked without it.
Comments