Sunday Evening Family Fun

Around 6 last night Damon came to Brent all upset because the girls locked him out of Brooky's room. Brent told him he could watch TV. I told Damon he couldn't watch TV (its a rule at our house, no TV on Sundays.....at least until the kids go to bed.) Then Brent told Damon he could play the DS but I shot that one down too (no video games on Sundays, either.) I was in the other room listening to their conversation as Damon told Brent, "Mommy said I can't do that." Brent answered, "But I said you could." Damon said, "But Mommy said no and she will get mad." (Does that tell you who is in charge at our house, or what!) That talk went on for a couple of minutes until I went in and suggested Brent go and play with Damon. Brent didn't want so I said I'd go out and swing with Damon. Then I told Brent he had to come too. The girls joined us shortly and Ellie had a hay-day with everyone outside.

Here are a few pics. This is Brent with his "distinguished" look.
Brooky was flying pretty high on the swing. Ellie loves the slide.

Comments

Christy Jones said…
we too do not have TV or video games on sunday! It can be a hard rule sometimes. Way to be in charge and do something fun! The video makes me think about getting a dog!
The Full Nelson said…
i should enforce that rule, but I don't know if I have the willpower too! cute pictures!
Lis Drage said…
We started that rule too, because the kids would disappear on Sunday and we never see them.... Now they spend time with us cause there's nothing else fun to do ??? lol Jordan "lovingly" refers to the sabbath as "Omish" day.....
Lis Drage said…
Oh, in reference to Christy's post, we finally gave in to the video game thing ONLY if it was a 3-4 player game so that they were interacting with each other. They argued that it was no different that playing a board game...just on a screen... So we let that one by lol. It seems to work though.

Popular posts from this blog

GiveAway!!

Parade

New House