T-Ball
Damon played t-ball for the first time this year. Baseball is absolutely not my favorite thing to watch, but I can honestly say that I loved watching him play. He had a great time and was disappointed when the season ended.
The biggest challenge of the season was finding a glove for Damon. Do you have any idea how hard it is to find a baseball glove for a 5-year old leftie?! I went to every sporting goods store in town plus Wal-Mart and finally ended up ordering a glove online. Sadly, that glove didn't arrive until about 2 weeks into the season so Damon had to make do with a right-handed glove my dad had given him for his 2nd birthday, before we knew he would become a south paw. It was kinda sad to see Damon try to put the right-handed glove on the wrong hand so he could handle the ball with his left hand. Before I found the perfect glove online, I did find one at Wal-Mart (good ol' Wal-Mart always comes through for me) that was a size too big. I bought it out of desperation and rather than returning it after buying the perfect one online, I decided to hang on to it for when Damon grows into it. I don't want a repeat of this experience any time soon.
Damon played on the Dodgers team and he was number 14. Here are some pictures of his t-ball career.
At this point baseball turned to football. Damon and these other two boys all went after the ball and ended up in a pile fighting over who was going to throw it back to the pitcher.
After the first few games, the coaches started pitching to the kids rather than using the tee. The batters got 3 pitches and if they didn't hit the ball on the third try they used the tee. There are no "outs" in t-ball and fouls and strikes don't count. Each player gets a turn to bat then the teams switch places.
Damon spent most of his game time with his tongue hanging out of his mouth. I think one of my brothers used to do the same thing so he probably gets it from my side of the family. I just hope he doesn't bite it off at some point.
Each kid on the team took a turn bringing the after-game treat. When it was Damon's turn we made baseball cookies.
Damon actually got several good hits during the season. But wouldn't you know, I didn't have the camera with me during those times. This is all we got, he managed to connect that bat to the ball but he's had better hits than this.
The biggest challenge of the season was finding a glove for Damon. Do you have any idea how hard it is to find a baseball glove for a 5-year old leftie?! I went to every sporting goods store in town plus Wal-Mart and finally ended up ordering a glove online. Sadly, that glove didn't arrive until about 2 weeks into the season so Damon had to make do with a right-handed glove my dad had given him for his 2nd birthday, before we knew he would become a south paw. It was kinda sad to see Damon try to put the right-handed glove on the wrong hand so he could handle the ball with his left hand. Before I found the perfect glove online, I did find one at Wal-Mart (good ol' Wal-Mart always comes through for me) that was a size too big. I bought it out of desperation and rather than returning it after buying the perfect one online, I decided to hang on to it for when Damon grows into it. I don't want a repeat of this experience any time soon.
Damon played on the Dodgers team and he was number 14. Here are some pictures of his t-ball career.
At this point baseball turned to football. Damon and these other two boys all went after the ball and ended up in a pile fighting over who was going to throw it back to the pitcher.
After the first few games, the coaches started pitching to the kids rather than using the tee. The batters got 3 pitches and if they didn't hit the ball on the third try they used the tee. There are no "outs" in t-ball and fouls and strikes don't count. Each player gets a turn to bat then the teams switch places.
Damon spent most of his game time with his tongue hanging out of his mouth. I think one of my brothers used to do the same thing so he probably gets it from my side of the family. I just hope he doesn't bite it off at some point.
Each kid on the team took a turn bringing the after-game treat. When it was Damon's turn we made baseball cookies.
Damon actually got several good hits during the season. But wouldn't you know, I didn't have the camera with me during those times. This is all we got, he managed to connect that bat to the ball but he's had better hits than this.
Comments