Damon's Latest Pasttime

Damon acquired a new hobby yesterday; pounding nails into a piece of wood. I'm in the middle of another project and I was starting to feel a little guilty about expecting/allowing the kids to constantly entertain themselves. Brooky and Damon built birdhouses yesterday (post on that coming tomorrow) and Damon handled the hammer and nails quite well. I thought he might enjoy more hammering and also, he'd be right along-side me as I did my own thing.

I found a piece of 2X4 leftover from my workbench project and pounded in several nails just enough so they wouldn't fall out when Damon started pounding on them. He absolutely loved this activity and I'm really impressed at how much his skill has improved over the past 24 hours. He is now able to start the nails himself and drive them all the way in. Over the last day, this has provided literally hours of entertainment for him.


I took this pic yesterday just as Damon began.


This is what his board looks like today.

Comments

what a cool actiivity for him!! Looks like you have been super busy with projects!! I love projects, I tend to get too obsessed with them, but they sure are fun and rewarding when they are all done!
Lis Drage said…
James used to do this with Chris and Jordan and Erinn. It was a big hit for a couple of weeks while our shed was being built. Brings back memories!
The Full Nelson said…
how fun! looking forward to seeing the bird house!
Our really good friends did that for their kids. It was their boys favorite thing to do for years. They said when he was done with the wood, there wasn't any wood showing...just nail heads.
Stacey Irwin said…
How have I not thought of letting my boys do that?! what a great way to entertain them!
I'm impressed of all your projects you do! you so rock!

Popular posts from this blog

GiveAway!!

Parade

New House