Happy Canada Day!

When we lived in Halifax it was always so much fun to celebrate the birthdays of the two greatest nations on earth at the same time.



I love Canada. In honor of the day, here is a list of things I miss.

*Free healthcare and not having to deal with insurance companies. (Maybe I'm selfish, but at least I'm honest.)
*Bulk Barn
*Superstore cookies.
*Halifax Ward
*All my maritime friends.
*Celebrating Thanksgiving twice.
*Mild summers.
*Dollarama
*Vegetarian sections at the grocery stores.
*The way maritimers are so good at recycling.
*The Pediatric Endocrinology clinic at the IWK.
*Fabricville

Here is what I don't miss:

*Dorthea and her "Man". (If you lived on Harlington Crescent, you know what I'm talking about!)
*Buying milk in plastic bags.

Happy birthday, Canada, and thank you for a great 4 years!

Comments

Channynba said…
Those are some really great things about Canada.
The Full Nelson said…
I think free health care is on the top of my list too!!
Christy Jones said…
I miss it too!! I definantly miss superstores cookies and the free healthcare!!! I also miss Nanmo bars
Lis Drage said…
I love how Halifax ward AND your maritime friends came AFTER superstore cookies (and the bulk barn)....Free healthcare, that's pretty amazing....but bulk food and cookies? ouch lol.
Liz said…
We miss you too! I can always send some cookies to you. Just let me know when and how much.
Jackie O said…
You are truly Canadaian!!!! and we miss you lots!!! Come home soon
Jackie O said…
OOOOOps....I mean...CANADIAN!!!
I forgot to spell check!!
Oh I'll send you cookies anytime just let me know. They're the best. The Halifax Ward misses you tooo, or at least I do. I was remeniscing aobut our weekend getaway scrapbooking at the cabin. How much fun that was. sigh...... Happy fourth of July to you.
Julie and Nate said…
Tami,
I'm still waiting to see the pictures of your girls dresses that you made! I'm sure they're darling. :)

Popular posts from this blog

GiveAway!!

Parade

New House