Double Digits
Where does the time go? It passes so quickly, too quickly sometimes. I mean really, shouldn't Brittany be about 5 years old, Broooklyn a mischievous preschooler and Damon still small enough for an infant carseat and just barely starting to sleep through the night? I wonder, where does the time go?
Well, wherever time goes, it goes somewhere and fast. Brittany celebrated her 10th (yup thats 1-0) birthday a week ago yesterday. (I'm not really old enough to have a child that has been on the earth for a full decade, am I?) So we are officially into double digits now.
Brittany chose to have a movie/pizza party with a few friends for her birthday. It turned out to be a success. Everyone had a good time and left happy. Brittany wanted an ice cream cake instead of the traditional cake. We made it ourselves. It turned out both better and messier than I expected. And we learned something: M&Ms do not do well when placed atop ice cream, chocolate and carmel syrup and put in the freezer. We won't do that again. Its not the most attractive cake but it tasted good and Brittany was happy.


As for her gift from Brent and me this year, Brit wanted to completely redecorate her bedroom. Currently, her favorite color is blue and thats what she wanted her room to be. We went shopping and bought new bedding and curtains. We primed and painted the walls. I stripped and sanded her (used to be mine) dresser and then painted it black and replaced the handles with silver knobs. We removed her white bookcase and built and installed bookshelves in this little area to which we refer as "the reading nook". It was a big project but it was fun and Brittany is pleased with the results.
Before pic.
.bmp)
Dresser. Before.

After Pic.

New bedspread and pillows.

The reading nook (aka The Library). Brittany will spend many hours here. She loves books and loves to read.

After pic of the dresser.

Happy birthday, Brittany. Thanks for being part of our family. We love you.
Well, wherever time goes, it goes somewhere and fast. Brittany celebrated her 10th (yup thats 1-0) birthday a week ago yesterday. (I'm not really old enough to have a child that has been on the earth for a full decade, am I?) So we are officially into double digits now.
Brittany chose to have a movie/pizza party with a few friends for her birthday. It turned out to be a success. Everyone had a good time and left happy. Brittany wanted an ice cream cake instead of the traditional cake. We made it ourselves. It turned out both better and messier than I expected. And we learned something: M&Ms do not do well when placed atop ice cream, chocolate and carmel syrup and put in the freezer. We won't do that again. Its not the most attractive cake but it tasted good and Brittany was happy.
As for her gift from Brent and me this year, Brit wanted to completely redecorate her bedroom. Currently, her favorite color is blue and thats what she wanted her room to be. We went shopping and bought new bedding and curtains. We primed and painted the walls. I stripped and sanded her (used to be mine) dresser and then painted it black and replaced the handles with silver knobs. We removed her white bookcase and built and installed bookshelves in this little area to which we refer as "the reading nook". It was a big project but it was fun and Brittany is pleased with the results.
Before pic.
.bmp)
Dresser. Before.
After Pic.
New bedspread and pillows.
The reading nook (aka The Library). Brittany will spend many hours here. She loves books and loves to read.
After pic of the dresser.
Happy birthday, Brittany. Thanks for being part of our family. We love you.
Comments
I hope she loved it! you guys did an amazing job!