Lowe's vs Home Depot
This is a silly nonsense post but I'm gonna write it and post it anyway.
I'm sure you're all dying to know which of the two stores mentioned in my title is my favorite. I love home improvement stores. I love to wander the aisles and just look at stuff. I don't much care about the appliances or kitchen/bathroom fixtures, and I only like the paint department if I need paint, otherwise I find it boring. I avoid the electrical section because I don't understand wiring and electricity very well, I find it overwhelming. I prefer to spend my time in lawn and garden, hardware, plumbing/sprinkler repair, and deck/fence building supplies. Oh, and I love the power tools and I try to think up reasons to justify the purchase of new equipment. Which reminds me, I need a new palm sander, the old one died and I wouldn't mind having a drill press, although I have no idea what I would do with it or where I would keep it.
Anyway, back to the purpose of this post. I think the two main home improvement stores in Cache Valley are pretty equal. They both carry pretty much the same stuff and their prices, for the most part, are comparable. So maybe it doesn't really matter at which store one chooses to shop. However, I do have a preference and the big kicker for me, since everything else is pretty equal, is customer service. Lowe's is better hands down! Last week I went to both stores on the same day. I went to Home Depot first and walked back to the fencing materials which is right next to the lumber. As I walked in the the store I was greeted by the employee manning the register but as I walked back and stood there staring at my options at least three other employees passed me and not one of them said a single word to me. I was in that store for close to 30 minutes and the only person that spoke to me was the register guy.
Let's hop on over to Lowe's. I'm always greeted when I walk in and regardless of which direction I head in that store employees always say hi to me and ask if they can help me with something. And when I stand in the same spot for 10 minutes or I seem to be wandering aimlessly, often times more than one employee checks to see if I need something. I love that. Its great to have help when you need it. So I've now dubbed Lowe's as my second favorite store. Second only to Wal-Mart, of course.
I'm sure you're all dying to know which of the two stores mentioned in my title is my favorite. I love home improvement stores. I love to wander the aisles and just look at stuff. I don't much care about the appliances or kitchen/bathroom fixtures, and I only like the paint department if I need paint, otherwise I find it boring. I avoid the electrical section because I don't understand wiring and electricity very well, I find it overwhelming. I prefer to spend my time in lawn and garden, hardware, plumbing/sprinkler repair, and deck/fence building supplies. Oh, and I love the power tools and I try to think up reasons to justify the purchase of new equipment. Which reminds me, I need a new palm sander, the old one died and I wouldn't mind having a drill press, although I have no idea what I would do with it or where I would keep it.
Anyway, back to the purpose of this post. I think the two main home improvement stores in Cache Valley are pretty equal. They both carry pretty much the same stuff and their prices, for the most part, are comparable. So maybe it doesn't really matter at which store one chooses to shop. However, I do have a preference and the big kicker for me, since everything else is pretty equal, is customer service. Lowe's is better hands down! Last week I went to both stores on the same day. I went to Home Depot first and walked back to the fencing materials which is right next to the lumber. As I walked in the the store I was greeted by the employee manning the register but as I walked back and stood there staring at my options at least three other employees passed me and not one of them said a single word to me. I was in that store for close to 30 minutes and the only person that spoke to me was the register guy.
Let's hop on over to Lowe's. I'm always greeted when I walk in and regardless of which direction I head in that store employees always say hi to me and ask if they can help me with something. And when I stand in the same spot for 10 minutes or I seem to be wandering aimlessly, often times more than one employee checks to see if I need something. I love that. Its great to have help when you need it. So I've now dubbed Lowe's as my second favorite store. Second only to Wal-Mart, of course.
Comments
But I wonder the store regardless...dreaming of the somedays.
As to my prefrence I go to Home Depot more often then not. I don't know why.. but everytime I hit Lowes I get lost! I think that I am just more familiar with H.D.. I hate being asked to be helped... unless I really really need it so that doesn't bother me so much.
Oh, and I love Behr paint.. which is probably why I go there over LOWES. But maybe I'll go wonder around LOWES to see how I really feel between the two! ya know just to be fair and all!;)