School

School starts in two days. I'm not okay with that. Despite what some may think, I like having my kids at home. This really hasn't been much of a summer vacation. We had such crappy weather until almost July and here we are mid-August and the school bell is about to ring. Summer was just too short. Whose idea was it to start school in August? That person should be smacked on the head. School shouldn't start until September 1. When I become ruler of the world, thats how it will be. Thankfully for me (I guess), the kids are looking forward to getting back to the books. Damon starts kindergarten (sniff, sniff--more on this later) and he is excited but he did admit to me that he's nervous. Brittany hasn't said too much, I don't think she cares much either way. Brooklyn, on the other hand, is bouncing off the walls with excitement. She has been counting the days until August 20. The other day she said, "I have a fever." I reflexively asked, "Are you sick?" as I reached for her forehead. It was not hot and I told her she did not have a fever. Brooklyn said, "Yes I do! I have school fever!"

I guess the bus is coming Thursday morning whether I like it or not. I'll just have to deal with that.

Comments

Lis Drage said…
Wow, I agree with you...Even here, they start on Sept 2 this year but given the choice, I would like to see them stay in school into July a couple of weeks and have a couple of weeks of September off...The seasons have shifted. Summer is not where it used to be!
Stacey Irwin said…
I swear they are sending them back earlier each year. Next thing ya know we'll be back to year round school!
I'm sorry you're not ready to send them back. It's gotta be wierd sending off Damon to Kindergarten, is it half day? I hope so it will make the transition easier. I hope.

I must admit I enjoyed the silence and the lack of mess that came when school hit today.
I smiled to hear Brooklyn had school fever. too funny!
Anonymous said…
I can't believe that they are back to school! It makes it feel like summer is over when the kids start to go back to school. What are you going to do with no kiddies at home? Can you even believe that it will just be you and Ellie! Crazy! I am sure you will find/create lots to keep you busy:)
Kristi Drennan said…
Whoa that's so soon!!! Maybe this just means you can get some personal time in. Do a project or something???
The Full Nelson said…
Starting school in August is awful! That's still summer, I think they should wait until after Labour Day here. I am sure I'll be the same way when my kids start school and not want to send them off. Especially their first years!
The Bing's said…
oh my goodness I couldn't imagine starting school in august it just seems so wrong... I find it weird that we are starting before labour day this year... I start my student teaching september first!! I can't believe all your kiddies are in school already! Time sure does fly! Hope the first day of school went well!
Jackie O'Hearon said…
WOW Tami....I even got filled reading your back to school page....how did that happen...your children have grown up!!! Lovely pictures....thanks for sharing. I'm back doing the blog thing...attempt #2...mama-oh @blogspot.com....Laura helped me set it up today...stay in touch, and enjoy the break...teenagers aren't far off!!!
Jackie O'Hearon said…
ooopsss....that should say...filled up ( emo)...I'm new at this!!

Popular posts from this blog

GiveAway!!

Bogger Messed Up My Give Away