Wind Rivers 2009

Brent went on the annual backpacking trip a couple of weeks ago. He took lots of pictures so I thought I'd post some. There won't be much commentary, since I wasn't there.

Brent's pack the night before he left.
Brent peed his name into the dirt road.
At the trailhead.
Getting ready to start hiking.







Snow that never melts.






Goats milling around camp.

One of Brent's fish.
It was a "gift fish". Someone else's fly was caught in it's mouth.

Somebody got bored and found a blue marker. I hate to point fingers, but we all know that "somebody" was Brent, although he may have had an accomplice. Poor goat.




Note that this goat has a braid. Somebody got bored again.
On the last day of the trip, the day they hiked out, this is what they woke up to. Brent said his hands have never been so cold. It snowed last year, too. This just solidifies it for me, I will NEVER go to South Fork. Brent admitted to me that all during the week he had wished I was there but as he was freezing while trying to pack up tents and other gear he realized it was a good thing I stayed home. I concur.



Comments

Anonymous said…
Fun times! Great art work! I second staying home the snow would have done me in too!
Christy Jones said…
looks beautiful!! Nice that he gets to have guy time! Love the name in the sand! I wouldn't have wanted to go either, I like camping but not hard core backpacking!
Stacey Irwin said…
LOL! your husband cracks me up! He has quite the talent of pee penmenship!
And holy backpack! that would have made me fall over!
Poor goats(okay i'm laughing) but those goats are pretty patient!
Hope he had a good time, Although it looks fun and pretty, I would have opted to stay home too! I don't do snow camping.
good to see had some good nature bonding time!
Kristi Drennan said…
Whoa it's so weird to see the snow! Shouldn't be for me though...snow will come here soon! :(

That goat...holy I'm surprised it didn't give him a swift kick in his man parts! Ha ha ha!

Popular posts from this blog

GiveAway!!

Parade

New House