What's For Lunch?

I'm kind of a bad mom today. It's Saturday and Brent ditched us for the entire day. I'm actually really ticked off about that and he knows it and I'm still debating whether or not to change the locks before he comes home tonight. I'll refrain from venting further.

So anyway, I was checking status updates on facebook this morning and someone mentioned that "Cloudy With A Chance of Meatballs" is a good movie. Since I'm a single parent today (because Brent ditched us), I thought it might be a good idea to take the kids to a flick, kill some time this afternoon. The movie started at 2:50, but prior to that things got a little hectic. Brittany had a friend come and over and Damon's little video game buddy (little boy that lives around the corner and comes over to play the XBox) showed up to play Castle Crashers. I was in the middle of a poster-project for Enrichment so everyone just kinda fended for themselves for lunch. At 2:15 I sent the friends home so we could get ready to go to the movie. We arrived a few minutes early and got popcorn, drinks and candy and we ate it all. It was a cute movie, I personally don't need to see it again but kids really enjoyed it. As the closing credits rolled, and after consuming pocorn, lemonade, licorice and Chips Ahoy mini cookies, Damon turned to me and said, "We didn't have lunch yet." Ummm...I had lunch and I know the girls had lunch because they told me what they fixed for themselves....,"Damon, didn't you have any lunch?" He said no. So I forgot to fix my 5-year old lunch today. I probably won't win "Mother of the Year" after all.

Comments

Stacey Irwin said…
LOL! I wanna know if ya changed the locks??? I know that feeling!
Let me make you feel better. Popcorn is sort of a natural GRAIN.. so that works Lemonade is made from LEMONS so that takes care of the fruit section... and candy.. well hmm all diets need a lil sugar right? So just think of it as he had something close to a jam sandwich.. just different.
( can you tell I too have forgotten lunch for the kids more often then not...)
Good to know about the movie. My kids want to see it pretty bad.
The Full Nelson said…
i sometimes forget about lunch on the weekends, especially if breakfast is later on. Or I'll just give some extra snacks. Oh well!
Anonymous said…
No lunch and tonnes of yummy treats; I think that's a sure thing for Mother of the year!
Liz said…
I love Stacey and her rationalization and I haven't even met her. So Stacey, sugar comes from sugar cane which is a plant, so that falls in the fruits and veggies category! *I can rationalize anything*

Tami, I wouldn't worry about it either. I forget every now and again as well. I realize it when Allie is sitting there on the floor with an opened box of cereal, shovelling it in hand over fist. *ugh*

I'll have to check out the movie.

Popular posts from this blog

GiveAway!!

Parade

New House