Costume Conundrum
Yes, I realize this my third consecutive post about Halloween costumes. You might think me a bit ridiculous, but, whatever. If you're bored skip to another blog. I love Halloween, it's one of my most favorite holidays and we start early at our house.
This post, however, does not focus on me, but on my munchkins. Yesterday I went into JoAnn fabrics for a totally unrelated purpose but found myself perusing the costume fabrics. They have a really fun selection, by the way. When the kids got home from school I told them about all the fun fabrics and suggested we head to the store after dinner so they could get some ideas for their costumes. When we left the house Brittany was planning to be a crayon, but hadn't decided on a color. Brooklyn wanted to be a vampire. And Damon was also going to be a vampire.
At the store we looked through pattern books and Damon found his way to the "Halloween props" isle. He found a pitch fork. Guess what he wanted to be? Yup, a devil. I reminded that that was going to be my costume and we'd be the same. He didn't care, he wanted to be a devil so he could have a pitch fork.
Brittany found a pattern for a gypsy costume and had a good time choosing fun fabrics for that. Meanwhile, Damon sees a pattern for a Robin Hood costume complete with a bow and arrow. So now guess what he wants to be? And for the sole purpose of getting to carry around a weapon.
Brooklyn left the store with supplies for her original idea; she is still going to be a vampire.
I didn't buy anything for Damon. I was afraid he'd change his mind again. But as of right now, he still wants to be Robin Hood. I just asked him what he would need for his costume. His reply, "A green shirt, a thing on my back for arrows so if I need one I just grab one for my bow and arrow... And I can't remember if he has brown pants or not..." He said all of that in one breath. Maybe he is serious about this one.
As for Brent, I really want him to be the Tooth fairy, with a big pretty dress, crown and a wand. But he's not cooperating.
This post, however, does not focus on me, but on my munchkins. Yesterday I went into JoAnn fabrics for a totally unrelated purpose but found myself perusing the costume fabrics. They have a really fun selection, by the way. When the kids got home from school I told them about all the fun fabrics and suggested we head to the store after dinner so they could get some ideas for their costumes. When we left the house Brittany was planning to be a crayon, but hadn't decided on a color. Brooklyn wanted to be a vampire. And Damon was also going to be a vampire.
At the store we looked through pattern books and Damon found his way to the "Halloween props" isle. He found a pitch fork. Guess what he wanted to be? Yup, a devil. I reminded that that was going to be my costume and we'd be the same. He didn't care, he wanted to be a devil so he could have a pitch fork.
Brittany found a pattern for a gypsy costume and had a good time choosing fun fabrics for that. Meanwhile, Damon sees a pattern for a Robin Hood costume complete with a bow and arrow. So now guess what he wants to be? And for the sole purpose of getting to carry around a weapon.
Brooklyn left the store with supplies for her original idea; she is still going to be a vampire.
I didn't buy anything for Damon. I was afraid he'd change his mind again. But as of right now, he still wants to be Robin Hood. I just asked him what he would need for his costume. His reply, "A green shirt, a thing on my back for arrows so if I need one I just grab one for my bow and arrow... And I can't remember if he has brown pants or not..." He said all of that in one breath. Maybe he is serious about this one.
As for Brent, I really want him to be the Tooth fairy, with a big pretty dress, crown and a wand. But he's not cooperating.
Comments
My boys choose their outfits stictly on the props! So I certainly understand this situation.
Well at least Robin hood would be a fairly easy costume to put together.... Ask him to choose one more time and go with it. I think He'll be happy as long as the prop is involoved!
Robin hood is cool.
Your such a nice mommy to take them to choose. especially the fabric part. Can't wait to see how it all ends up... oh what do you do with Last years costumes?
Oh, and Brent should definetly be a tooth fairy.. that's just funny!
If you can't go for that rent him lil shop of horrors and turn him in to that crazy dentist.
Previous years' Halloween costumes are in storage bins in my garage. Rarely do we use the same costume twice, which is kinda sad, I guess. But I can't bring myself to let the kids use them as dress up clothes so they sit in storage waiting for someone to borrow them.
I'm pushing really hard for the tooth fairly, so we'll see what happens.