Really BAD Laundry Day

I'm pretty sure that as far as laundry goes, this day could not get any worse for me. Heck, I didn't know it could get this bad.

I'm in deep-cleaning mode this week. I took down all my blinds and had them cleaned, I washed interior windows and cleaned window tracks ( I hate that job.) I washed all the curtains and carpets will be cleaned next week. Right now I'm in the process of washing all the bedding. I decided I wanted my bedspread/comforter washed but it's too big for my washer. I decided to take it to the laundromat to use the large-capacity washers. I loaded it up, along with my detergent and headed out. Damon and I went to lunch with my brother and when we got back in the car I could smell the soap. I just figured it was really concentrated and being in a small space for an hour just made it extra potent. When we got to the laundromat I discovered the detergent had spilled all over the cargo space. I buy liquid degtergent in the bottles that have the dispenser spout. One must loosen the lid on top of the bottle to relieve pressure in order for the soap to flow. Well, I forgot that my lid was all the way unscrewed and just sitting atop the bottle. The bottle was completely empty and I probably had enough detergent for at least 10 more loads. Do you have any idea how hard it is to clean that up? I can't get all the soap out. On the bright side, my car smells really, really good.

So, back to the laundromat, I put my comforter in the wash and start the cycle. Unfortunately, those big washers don't have a cycle for delicates. I realized that but thought my spread would be sturdy enough. I was wrong. My comforter, that I've had for only 6 months is ripped in several places. I may be able to fix it, I don't know yet.

Laundry has always been one of the more pleasant household chores for me. I've always kinda like it. But not after today.

Comments

Christy Jones said…
I had the same thing happen where my liquid laundry soap leaked all over my laundry room floor. I used a mop and lots of water and moped it up over and over and over. The suds are almost imposable to wash out of the sponge after. I can't imagine trying to get it out of a car!!! The only way to truely get it out might be to get your car detailed. You could also try using a wet dry vaccum and a carpet cleaner. please post the results of your efforts, I would love to know how you get it out!
Kristi Drennan said…
What can I say...laundry and I...not friends. As in...three baskets to fold...don't wanna go there!
Tarbet Times said…
Pretty funny! When I was in college I spilled a gallon of juice concentrate in the back of our family Jimmy. We were able to take the carpet out (cargo area) and wash it and afterwards you never could tell. Good luck to you.
Michele said…
Oh man! I am so sorry! It is like one of those days that just keeps gettin worse! Hope the next laundry day is less eventful!
Stacey Irwin said…
ooh. that sucks. I have yet to find a good machine for a comforter. I can't believe it fell apart like that!
As for the soap....that really sucks. I can only imagine how bad that sucks to get out. But look at the bright side.. by the time you do your car floor will be clean and smelling laundry fresh!
poor you.. I hate laundry. Good luck!
Amy Johnson said…
How could you possibly enjoy doing laundry?? That is my least favorite chore EVER! In fact, there are times when I am completely out of clean clothes and I actually contemplate just buying new ones so I don't have to do laundry! :)
Anonymous said…
I hate laundry. Not because it's a nasty job just because there's always so many other jobs to get to that my laundry builds up and up and up. So...we should take a Saturday and go on the FrontRunner, preferably before it gets too cold. Let me know when it's a good time for you!

Popular posts from this blog

GiveAway!!

Parade

New House