Christmas is Coming!
In October, our Relief Society hosted a Fabulous Friday. (We do Fabulous Fridays, not Super Saturdays and that will be the case as long as I'm charge.) One of the options for this evening was to put together a booklet called Organized Christmas. A gal in our ward had come across it a few years back and had always wanted to try it. The idea is that you have your schedule all mapped out week by week, beginning mid-October and if you stick to it, you'll be all ready for Christmas come the first weekend of December. I have my own schedule and my own routines for my Christmas preparations but I was curious about this program so I ordered one of the booklets. I found it wasn't much of a help to me, I already do most of what was suggested but I was inspired to put all of my planning, lists, schedules, etc. on paper and into my own booklet, which I did. My schedule began the first Monday of November and I'm right on track.
This is my Christmas Planner.
It's small enough to fit in my purse so I can easily take it with me when I'm out shopping. It has pages for party-planning, guest lists, menus, decorating schedules, wish lists, shopping lists, stocking-stuffer ideas, budgets, an envelope for receipts, Christmas card addresses, gifts for neighbors, co-workers, and teachers, calendars and a weekly schedule.
If you're interested in something like this, you can find the one my ward did at organizedchristmas.com
Brent and I have decided to keep things a bit simpler this year. We feel Christmas has become much too commercialized and the true meaning gets lost amongst all the presents and hustle and bustle. It is my hope to bring Christ back in to CHRISTmas in our home this year by simplifying the season. Of course, last minute things and needs arise, but if the shopping, baking, decorating and wrapping are finished, those other things don't seem quite so monumental.
Comments
I am so glad you linked this site maybe it will help me get my head in it! Have I told you how amazing you are to be so on top of it like that!!! Oh and i love Fabulous friday idea!
Here is the link for the Christmas Planner, or at least one like yours. I use it every year and just finshed blogging about it over at Maritimepennypincher,blogspot,com.
Anyway hope this helps your readers. It's at Organized Christmas: http://christmas.organizedhome.com/printable/christmas-countdown
Enjoy!