Bad Things Come in 3's
No, I'm not referring to my kids.
Doesn't it just seem like when one bad thing happens it's never a single thing? There is always more to follow. This is how my December has been:
First of the month, the dishwasher is not doing it's job. I may as well have just put the dishes back in the cupboard dirty. I cleaned out the drain, read the trouble-shooting section of the owners manual, made sure I was loading everything properly and not overloading. Nothing worked. I called a repair guy. One hundred dollars later I find out my water is too hard and I need to use a different detergent and one or two of the little tiny holes in the spray arms were clogged, little tiny piece of spaghetti noodle or grain of rice. Works like charm now.
Three days before Christmas our garage door died. Like, totally died. We knew it was on it's last leg, but seriously, right before Christmas?! Had to get that replaced. Not the door itself, but the motor and all the wiring and keyless entry, etc.
And last, but certainly not least (and it better be the last, darn-it!) the faucet on our kitchen sink broke last night while I was using it. Got a nice little shower as I was cleaning up dinner. Love taking showers with my clothes on! We've known for a long time that this needed to be replaced but just procrastinated. I went to Lowe's this morning, bought a new one, came home and discovered it wasn't what I wanted so I went to Home Depot and got another one, installed it and now I don't have to run to the bathroom to get water for cooking.
Happy December to me!
Doesn't it just seem like when one bad thing happens it's never a single thing? There is always more to follow. This is how my December has been:
First of the month, the dishwasher is not doing it's job. I may as well have just put the dishes back in the cupboard dirty. I cleaned out the drain, read the trouble-shooting section of the owners manual, made sure I was loading everything properly and not overloading. Nothing worked. I called a repair guy. One hundred dollars later I find out my water is too hard and I need to use a different detergent and one or two of the little tiny holes in the spray arms were clogged, little tiny piece of spaghetti noodle or grain of rice. Works like charm now.
Three days before Christmas our garage door died. Like, totally died. We knew it was on it's last leg, but seriously, right before Christmas?! Had to get that replaced. Not the door itself, but the motor and all the wiring and keyless entry, etc.
And last, but certainly not least (and it better be the last, darn-it!) the faucet on our kitchen sink broke last night while I was using it. Got a nice little shower as I was cleaning up dinner. Love taking showers with my clothes on! We've known for a long time that this needed to be replaced but just procrastinated. I went to Lowe's this morning, bought a new one, came home and discovered it wasn't what I wanted so I went to Home Depot and got another one, installed it and now I don't have to run to the bathroom to get water for cooking.
Happy December to me!
Comments
But in the mo of Dec is a double wammy! why does everything go kaput in the middle of the busiest time???
Don't you love paying a 100 bucks for someone to tell you to soften you water and change your detergent? money well spent right?
SO are you going to replace the garage door wiring etc? IF soo.. want to come take a look at mine?
I hope NOTHING else goes out, I think you've had your fair share of that for the year! glad you don't have to run for water( ugh, i'm put out for you!) any more!