Leave It Up or Take It Down?

At my house, the Christmas decor comes down on December 26. When the holiday is over, it's over and I see no point in procrastinating the inevitable clean up. (Speaking of the clean up task, it's gotta be the one thing where the clean up is actually much easier and much faster than the set up. It takes me two days to decorate my house and only a few hours to put everything away.) However, lots of people like to leave the Christmas stuff up until New Year's. What do you do at your house?

Comments

Kristi Drennan said…
I like to take it down. Like right away. Going with my post yesterday because I want to nest and get all the new stuff in it's home and get rid of old stuff. But Matt won't let me. I may just take down all the other stuff and leave the tree...because it's just little. But yes I like it down too. And I HATE it when people leave their lights up until spring! I don't mind until the end of January while it's still wintery. But I go crazy when I see them in the spring. But that's just because I like it to feel magical and special at Christmas.
Tarbet Times said…
I take it down as soon as I have time. Usually by New Years but I had one year that I didn't get it down until the middle of January. I just kept plugging away whenever I could but I think it was my main tree that was still up that long. I can't even remember why.
Stacey Irwin said…
I usually end up taking down the tree the day after new years. It's still the chirstmas mo. And I try to leave it up till the mo. is officially over.. Althoug By the new year.. I am past ready to get it down and out of the way!

I think it's awesome you house is back to normal the day after. I'm just not ready to make it go away yet I guess?!
Christy Jones said…
We take it down on the first of January. Its a tradition of helping to welcome the new year.
Anonymous said…
I usually leave it up until after the New Year. However I am thinking about packing the tree up early. Will see.
Jackie O'Hearon said…
Christmas ends far too quickly so mine stays there for as long as I\m feeling the Christmas love!!!

Popular posts from this blog

GiveAway!!

Parade

New House